We are looking for an experienced designer that will help us design iOS and Android apps that deliver our journalism for the leading newspapers in Scandinavia - Aftenposten
in Norway and Aftonbladet
and Svenska Dagbladet
in Sweden plus a number of regional news brands like Bergens Tidene
, Stavanger Aftenblad.
The apps are presenting our publishers content, from articles to front pages, videos, and podcasts, and they are a very important part of getting independent journalism to our readers. The apps are not only integrated with our content publishing platforms but are also connected to our ad network and subscription systems to provide the best experience possible for our users when they are on their mobile devices.The challenge
- We are working on the usability of the apps and to validate that the apps meet the expectations of our users. You will help us to achieve this goal by taking the responsibility for the whole design process from research to delivery to developers and all the way to follow up.
- You will also work with the design system that our apps' design is based on and bring new and industry-leading features to the market
- You will be the connector between the designers in our media organization and the app teams
- You have vast experience from designing both iOS and Android apps and have a strong portfolio that can prove this
- Strong design system skills - you need to be experienced in building and structuring design systems for larger organizations and be on top of the most effective tools and solutions. We are moving over to Figma at the moment so if you have experience from that it is a big plus
- Autonomous - you will take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity designs
- You are someone who gets energy from building strong relationships and are able to bring opinionated cross-functional stakeholders along in the design journey
- You are innovative and creative but can also see pragmatic solutions to problems
- You have experience in developing inside-driven products and services
- You have a bachelor or masters degree in design or similar and more than 3 years of work experience as a UX-/Product Designer
- You are used to presenting your own work and argue for your solutions
- You feel comfortable with managing your own workload
- You are passionate about being up to date, keeping abreast of digital developments, and designing modern solutions
In your everyday work, you will work closely with the two central teams working Android and iOS and have a lot of shared responsibilities with your tech and product colleagues.
At Schibsted News we are a large bunch of designers that work in different product teams and we all are proud of being part of strengthening democracy in Scandinavia. You will be a part of this extended and super experienced team and in this team we share knowledge, meet at UX gatherings, run collaborative design critique sessions and meet up for social events.About us
What we can offer:
- We are a fantastic bunch of design colleagues that want to work with you
- We invest in growing you and your competence by letting you spend 10% of your working time to develop and will offer you a yearly conference budget
- We run multiple internal learning sessions, breakfast seminars, Schibsted Talks, and other fun events
- We work with a great set of tools
- We are a team of a passionate and professional team producing impactful products
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us the following:
- Competitive salary adjusted to your level of competence and experience
- Insurance and pension schemes
- Access to Linkedin Learning Platform with over 16,000 expert-led, online courses and video tutorials
- Flexible working hours, and the equipment you need to work comfortably remote, and a return to new modern offices when COVID-19 guidelines permit.
- Employee Shares Saving Plan
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.