Schibsted's mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly more abundant and untrustworthy.
We run the biggest media houses in Norway and Sweden, such as Aftonbladet, VG, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, in addition to our marketplaces Blocket and FINN.
We are now looking for a Product Designer to join the Aftonbladet product team.About you
What you will do
- You have 3-5+ years of experience in a UX/Design position
- You have experience in designing for multiple platforms
- You have a broad UX toolkit and know how to perform user interviews, create user flows, wireframes and prototypes, facilitate workshops as well as provide pixel perfect visual design specs.
- You have a great understanding of product development and actively involve yourself in processes where you can provide insight or create value
- You know how to balance the user needs and the business needs
- You value insight-driven product development and make informed design decisions
- You have experience in building or contributing to a design system
- You have great communication skills both in Swedish and English
- Deliver high quality wireframes, prototypes and visual design specs
- Facilitate workshops and work closely with the editorial team and other stakeholders at Aftonbladet
- Conduct user interviews, both insight research and usability research
- Initiate quantitative experiments and analyse the results
- Apply our product strategy to the UX process
- Help create OKRs and ensure UX are represented
- Actively contribute to UX strategy and way of working
- Utilise and contribute to Schibsted Media's design system and act as a stakeholder for Aftonbladet's visual identity
Working with UX in the Aftonbladet team will let you grow and in Schibsted's large UX community while being part of a bigger democratic mission empowering the fourth estate.
Aftonbladet is Sweden's biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Our team mission is: "We challenge the status quo with a business mindset, create an excellent user experience, while using the shared strengths in Schibsted to innovate, experiment, and deliver value faster!"As a team we are
- Humble (but super talented)
- Focused on delivering value
- Dedicated and caring
- A great mix of personalities and lots of fun
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here - https://bit.ly/2RbMXx !
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us with the following:
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.What we offer
- You will be part of Schibsted's large UX community while being part of a bigger democratic mission empowering the fourth estate.
- We invest in your growth and your competence by letting you spend 10% of your working time to develop and offer you a yearly conference budget
- At our offices we run multiple internal learning sessions, breakfast seminars, Schibsted Talks with complimentary lunch and other fun events
- You will work with a great set of tools
- Being part of a passionate and professional team producing impactful products
- Competitive salary adjusted to your level of competence and experience
- Insurance and pension schemes