Schibsted News Media Products & Technology
We are looking for a frontend software engineer with experience and interest to work with scaling successful experiments and helping on building common platform parts in order to bring value to Aftonbladet and further media houses.Who we are
Our organisation, Schibsted News Media, has 300+ experts in product management, UX and technology. We build new digital products and technical platforms for Aftonbladet, VG, Svenska Dagbladet and many other Norwegian news outlets, enabling independent journalism thrive with products people love.
You will be part of the team that works with Aftonbladet, Sweden's biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis. Our vision is to make Sweden a little bit better, the world a little more understandable and life a little bit easier.
We like to innovate to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn. Our mission is to take Aftonbladet forward through superior user experience.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here: https://bit.ly/2RbMXWho you are
What you will be working with
- You have at least two years of work experience within web development.
- You are a teamplayer contributing to collaboration in own team and across teams
- You demonstrate respect for and trust in your colleagues
- You have a passion to produce quality code and to solve technical challenges
- You enjoy working data-driven with user experiments to test different hypotheses
- You'll be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- You will design and develop features to enrich Aftonbladet's user experience
- You contribute to the development of new ideas for new features
- Building a high performance website for millions of users
You will work closely with the Aftonbladet stakeholders, data analysts and SEO-colleagues in order to attract a broad audience, form habits of high engagement and deliver on the societal-journalistic mission. Your work might have a great impact on scaling successful experiments developed with your team and helping on building common platform parts in order to bring value to further media houses.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, innovation and passion is key. You will work with talented people, and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed as well as shaping the digital news media business of tomorrow.
We support each other in our curiosity by encouraging knowledge sharing in a creative environment! We highly value our 10% day, one day every two weeks where you can focus only on your own personal development.
Schibsted also works with open source, here are some of our contributions: https://schibsted.github.io/