We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Core News Product (CNP) Web team. CNP is Schibsted's common publishing product platform, residing in the Shared Products & Platforms organisation (SPP). CNP Web is building the common web platform that is the foundation for all of Schibsted's publications, including some of the most visited websites in the Nordics like Aftonbladet in Sweden and VG in Norway. It's an audacious and fun project with high velocity and impact.
In CNP web you'll get to work with an engaged and highly skilled team of dedicated and caring engineers, and you're placed squarely in the epicentre of the collaboration culture we're building between our diverse product and tech teams. Schibsted has a vast developer community across many different companies, including online marketplaces and other high traffic sites. We encourage engineers to assist and share knowledge across companies, and you will be able to leverage the collective expertise and knowledge when solving many complex problems, and also contribute back with your own.
Schibsted promotes learning and growth, and to make sure it happens, every second Friday in our team is dedicated to learning or hacking. There are no expectations on you that anything actionable comes out of it, only that you use the time to actually learn and delve deeper into something that is meaningful to you.Our stack:
Our go-to language for most things is TypeScript. Our infrastructure runs on AWS (ECS/Lambda/ElastiCache), Datadog and Fastly, and everything is managed using Terraform. On the frontend we use React, and on the backend we use Node and Koa.Examples of challenges we face:
Who you are
- As part of CNP Web, you will work on a platform that helps hundreds of newspaper developers and other stakeholders do their best work.
- We build and deploy multiple services for 25+ newspapers several times a day. How can we make this process better and faster?
- How can we ensure that our services are available at all times, while keeping costs in check?
- How do we monitor the performance and health of our services?
- How do we ensure a great developer experience for the developers who use our platform?
- How can we share the platform and code, without interfering with each other?
- This role requires autonomy and a willingness to figure out what our end users need. Expect to take an active role to drive architectural decisions, share knowledge and to collaborate across teams to figure out how we can provide the best possible platform for our users
- You are an experienced hands-on engineer who can motivate others as well as yourself to deliver on our mission
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure as well as site reliability engineering and you want to help shape our DevOps culture
- You love to solve complex problems and produce quality code
- You demonstrate respect for and trust in your colleagues
- You share knowledge and best practices with others and promote continuous improvement
- You love working in a highly collaborative agile team
- You are able to look at a problem, formulate and communicate a technically scalable solution
- You are passionate about developer experience, ensuring that tools you build are fast and "just work"
- You are a fluent English-speaker, since our team have mixed nationalities and are distributed in Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow