We are currently looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. As a member of our team, you will join our journey as we discover how to build state-of-the-art data-driven products for Consumer Business with emphasis on volume, velocity and privacy.
Consumer Business Technology develops the core platform for Schibsted's subscriptions business, with well-known brands like VG, Aftenposten, Aftonbladet and SvD. You will be part of a great team developing a modern data processing pipeline for a variety of purposes. As part of the Consumer Business organization, you will also have the opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with other data scientists and engineers across Schibsted. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in big data processing at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.About the role
- Work with Product Management, ML, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Analysts and other partners in some of the largest brands in Schibsted, to find the best solutions to meet the end-user needs.
- Write testable, reusable and efficient code while ensuring continuous integration and delivery
- Enable teams and local sites across the Consumer Business organization to develop data-driven products and services through cross-team initiatives and collaboration.
- Design and implement a best-in-class, privacy-compliant storage and access to personal data.
- Data management, development of data architecture in collaboration with distributed and centralized teams.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, monitoring, etc.)
- Participate in continuous improvement of the quality of our data by establishing performance baselines and metrics based on these
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in developing services and applications on cloud solutions, e.g. AWS, Airflow, Kubernetes, or similar.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with ETL and SQL.
- Experience with container-based workflows as well as continuous integration and delivery will be regarded as positive.
- Our main programming languages are Scala and Python - familiarity with one of these is expected, familiarity with other programming environments is of course a plus.
- Familiarity with how analysts work when extracting and wrangling data from a variety of sources, and ability to empathize with users trying to understand how to find, interpret and utilize data.
- Interest in having a broad impact in our News Media organization by keeping cross-team dependencies and relationships in mind while engineering solutions
- Familiarity with DevOps, concurrent/multithreaded programming, or distributed systems are all advantageous.
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts (conceptualizing schemas, using top-down and bottom-up methodologies).
- Experience with data management or architecture in an organization with high data demand, or experience building multi-department data warehouses or data marts
- Experience in coding and building data pipelines while being pragmatic and understanding the tradeoffs between the perfect solution and a working solution