We are currently looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will help us become more data-driven in our product development across all Schibsted news media's subscription business.
Consumer Business Technology develops the core platform for Schibsted's subscriptions business, with well-known brands like VG, Aftenposten, Aftonbladet and SvD. You will work closely towards several teams across Schibsted such as product development teams, user research, analytical teams in the local brands and towards our central data and tech organization. You will also be part of the team that builds the new analytical platform for news media and contribute to the rollout of this platform to all the brands.
As part of the Consumer Business organization you will have a unique opportunity to learn from and share knowledge with other data scientists and engineers across Schibsted. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for the state-of-the-art in big data processing at the same time as building reliable and highly scalable services.About the role
- Work with product management to find the best solutions to meet our customers' needs
- Enable teams and local sites across the Consumer Business organization to develop data-driven products and services through cross-team initiatives and collaboration
- Design and implement best-in-class privacy-compliant storage and access to personal data
- Collate use cases from distributed Consumer Business teams that analyze, report and deliver actionable insights with regards to the customer experience. By identifying patterns, and streamlining dashboards
- Identify commercial opportunities
- Advocate data-driven decisions, communicate and explain the data and its implications to various stakeholders
- Support a data-driven learning culture with insights from experiments & tests
- Work with multiple advanced analytics tools to analyze, execute and follow up initiatives from idea to industrialization
- Proficient with SQL and with a scripting language such as Python or R
- Experience with working with Tableau, Dash or similar tools
- Ability to manipulate data, gain insights from large datasets.
- Communicate effectively and are capable of distilling complex thoughts into simple, impactful narratives
- Natural problem-solver who is comfortable with data and ambiguity
- Ability to both delve into the details and engage on the bigger picture
- Proactive and passionate about results and data integrity
- Capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in complex situations
- Ability to act with limited oversight on a day-to-day basis and balancing multiple priorities.
- Excited to work in an evolving team and with an evolving tech stack
- Experience in working with both unstructured and structured data
- You are self-organized, proactive and detail-oriented.
- Understanding spoken Norwegian or Swedish is a merit, but not a requirement
- Interested in news!