Schibsted is an innovative and entrepreneurial leader in the Nordics, with a proven track record of success. Our philosophy is built on challenging the status quo to lead the market.
The Product & Application Security team within Schibsted takes a modern non-blocking approach to Application Security and Cloud Security; automate as much as possible, good UX is paramount in everything we do and we collaborate with others to find good solutions. This requires a risk-based approach of security integration into our corporate and brand strategies, processes and technology.
This role will be part of the Product & Application Security team which enables teams in Schibsted to secure their applications and cloud accounts. As Cloud Security Engineer your focus will be on our Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) accounts. You will be the "centre of technology excellence" in the data security domain. As such, you will work closely together with Cloud Governance, security engineers, our brands and functions in order to implement the needed best practice in terms of processes, tools and awareness in GCP and AWS.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Skills and Requirements:
- Improve our Identify, Detect, Protect, Respond and Recover (as defined in the NIST Cybersecurity Framework) capabilities in GCP
- Leading cloud security initiatives from idea to rollout across hundreds of cloud accounts
- Expert guidance on cloud security to the tech teams across Schibsted
- Documenting and creating supporting tools and templates on how to securely use GCP and AWS within Schibsted
- Development and implementation of shared tooling, platforms and processes in the cloud security domain
- Security evangelist across Schibsted to promote, change and integrate security in GCP and AWS
- Cloud security expertise in GCP (AWS experience is a plus)
- Hands-on experience with cloud security rollouts
- Container security (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Development and Operations (DevOps) experience
- Terraform (or similar Infrastructure as Code tool) experience
- Ability to proactively solve problems and react to security challenges in real-time
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
We offer you:
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Empathize with the needs of the business side and local tech teams
- Good listening capability
- Deep interest and curiousness in the technology space of data security
- Perseverance and focus on implementing from start to completion
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Working in a team with other Security Engineers
- Amazing colleagues
- Dedicated research time
- Dedicated security role, with focus on cloud security in one of the Nordics' largest cloud environments
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest tech companies in the Nordics.