Schibsted Marketing Services (SMS) is Schibsted´s nordic advertising organization, representing some of the strongest brands across Norway and Sweden - like VG, FINN, Aftonbladet, SvD and Blocket.
Advertising plays a central role in funding independent news media, and every day the people at Schibsted Marketing Services work hard to strengthen Schibsted´s position in the advertising markets we operate.
We are recruiting for a Business Developer,
who will work independently to drive advertising business impact of data, insights and ad targeting through a portfolio of product(s) and/or project(s).
The role's current focus is the product "Schibsted Match", Schibsted´s advertising products for advertisers with loyalty programs and other sources of customer data. It is similar to Facebook Custom Audience, LinkedId Matched Audience and Google Customer Match. In addition to "Schibsted Match" you will own other products and projects, and the portfolio will evolve over time.Your new team
You will be part of the Nordic Data team reporting to Christer, Head of Data. You will work closely with Mansour, Geir and Josefin, the team´s operations specialists, and own the team's products and projects portfolio together with Anna, the team's business developer. In addition we are now also recruiting two data analysts to the team. The team is experienced with a varied background from the media industry and across our markets. You will also on a regular basis work with several other functions within Schibsted.Main focus and responsibilities
As a business developer you own the business impact of a portfolio of product(s) and/or project(s), and are expected to:
- Manage multi stakeholder project(s), including writing of project mandates and business cases, facilitating decision processes, handling internal and external communications and develop and follow up on project plan(s).
- Define and monitor key KPIs for product(s) and/or project(s) and initiate and prioritize activities to influence them.
- Identify marked needs and opportunities based on market observation, collecting insights and ideas from sales and other stakeholders, and understanding of the needs of other functions in Schibsted Marketing Services.
- Work closely with the relevant product managers to translate market needs to products and technical solutions.
- Prepare and operationalize "go to market" strategy for product(s). This includes contribution to the sales strategy, creating training and sales collateral and training of salespeople, customers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the sales process and proactively propose pitches for the product(s), in close collaboration with the sales teams and management, and product specialists.
- Work closely with all Platform and Product teams to ensure effective and efficient processes for the product(s).
To succeed in this role we believe you are:
- MSc degree
- 3+ year working experience, preferable in the Media or Marketing industry
- Relevant consulting, sales, product or business development or project management experience
- Passionate pragmatic, but true believer in freedom of the press
- Long on structure, but short on rigidity
- In possession of strong analytical skills and mindset and business acumen
- Comfortable with informal leadership
- An opportunity to work in the undisputed most competent ad team in EU/EEA
- A place where you look forward to come to the office everyday, (or in these days, call into the teams daily standup)
- A professional and inspiring work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Good opportunities for competence development