Do you want to help us create the next smart news-experience?
As a visual designer on Aftonbladet, you will join an enthusiastic and talented team with a great drive to build and experiment to deliver editorial content in the best possible way for our users.
Indeed, you are a great team player with a positive attitude, curious, and enjoys challenges as well as working with a well established journalistic product.
Aftonbladet is the biggest news source in Sweden with more than 3.5 million engaging people on a daily basis. Aftonbladet is renowned for its groundbreaking independent journalism and commitment to offer an engaging news experience to our users.
This requires a dedicated and continuous investment in new user experiences, a marathon to stay relevant in a changing market, where user needs and behaviors rapidly changes. In all honesty, we're not quite there yet, and we still have a lot of untapped potential. That is why we are strengthening our product team with a visual designer.About you:
- Ability to work hypothesis-driven when designing concepts and testing mockups - translating accumulated knowledge into prototypes and final visual designs.
- Produce multiple designs and work interactively with different team members to create the design for different platforms and devices.
- Develop and maintain the visual identity in the form of design principles, brand assets, and style guide.
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure successful product development.
- Passion for digital products, technology, creativity and an openness to new design ideas.
- An appetite for learning and developing yourself as a part of an enthusiastic team, working together to build the best Aftonbladet for tomorrow!
- Swedish does not have to be your native language, but you do have to feel comfortable holding conversations in Swedish as well as English.
- You have a passion for design and have a systematic approach to documenting your work
- You have strong visual and aesthetic design skills to create enjoyable user interfaces across platforms and audiences, always striving for better, simpler and more beautiful user interfaces.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You are an open-minded team player, passionate and the way you work energizes others.
- Experienced working closely with engineering, product management, strategy, interaction design, and user research teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done.
- 2+ years of design experience
- Working in larger companies is a plus.
- Design background: strong portfolio with examples of your approach to interactions and visuals across web applications.
- Expert understanding of communication and visual design principles.
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices.
- Deep knowledge of mobile OS design patterns and creating style guides
- Experience in building Design Systems is a plus