Join us for the opportunity to become a key member in a cross-functional team during our unique 8-10 week paid internship. To help you grow both personally and professionally, we will place you in the heart of our Aftonbladet team where you will collaborate with our engineers to bring new ideas, solve challenging problems, and help push the boundaries of online applications that bring value to millions of people, every day.What you will do
Our paid internship is on a full time basis where you will:
- Experience different ways of working depending on the challenge; pair-programming, mob programming, and the opportunity to work on your own tasks
- Be paired with a senior engineer who will mentor and support you during your internship
- Solve real-world problems and watch your changes go live on Aftonbladet the same day you implement them
- Collaborate with all members of your cross functional team; Product people, UX designers, front-end developers, and full-stack engineers
At the end of the internship period, we would love for you to present a summary of what you have done, learned, as well as suggest potential ideas and share your findings.About you
- You are a 3rd-5th-year student
- You have good English skills and you are not afraid to use them on a daily basis
- You are curious, willing to learn, and you have your own ideas which you would like to implement
To help you get the most out of your time with us, we feel that this internship would best fit someone who is collaborative, team oriented, proactive within their own development, and has their own ideas on how things can be done.
We understand that you may not have work experience just yet, so instead we are interested to learn more about your skills, how you will help us bring value to our customers, and what you have done so far that you are proud of!About the Aftonbladet team
Aftonbladet is Sweden's biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Aftonbladet's mission is: "With future proof technology, we build Sweden's fastest and most engaging news product - customizable for users that prefer a personalized news experience".
We like to experiment and challenge our technology choices as much as possible to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here - https://bit.ly/2RbMXx !Timeline:
- Application deadline: 3rd of April
- Take home tasks, tech and team interviews: April - May
- Internship period: June - August