WHO WE ARE
Aftonbladet, Sweden's biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Aftonbladet's mission is to build Europe's fastest and most engaging news product with future-proof technology.
We like to experiment and challenge our technology choices as much as possible to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here: https://schibsted.com/blog/they-make-sure-swedens-favorite-news-product-runs-smoothly/ !Who you are
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer with Node.js and React competence.
If you have a proven track record of working with microservices architecture, passion to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications, we would like to meet you!
Experience with Docker, CI/CD, and AWS is a plus.What you will be working with
- Continuously developing and designing new features to push our products to the next level, e.g. using Flexbox (pushing features on native apps).
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions.
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Design and implement client-side and server-side architecture.
- Specify contracts and develop schemas for client/server communications.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software.
- Addressing challenges and collaboratively work with other teams to integrate applications in cloud environment.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, and passion is key. You will work with talented people, that bring their experience to make an impact on how journalism is consumed.
We encourage knowledge sharing in a creative environment! We run internal tech forums, LearnLab, lean coffee, meetups, open tracks etc. 10% of your working time can be used for innovation, learning or experimenting with new solutions and technologies.
Get in touch with us today, to find out more!