If you want to design tools and products for journalists, reporters and editors that work with independent journalism that reach millions of news hungry customers every day - we have the job for you!
Schibsted not only owns the leading newspapers in Scandinavia - Aftenposten and VG in Norway and Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet in Sweden - but also a number of regional news brands like Bergens Tidene and Stavanger Aftenblad.
At Schibsted News we are a large bunch of designers that are proud of being part of strengthening democracy in Scandinavia and we are all working on different aspects of a media company. You will be a part of this extended and super experienced team and in this team we share knowledge, meet at UX gatherings, run collaborative design critique sessions and meet up for social events.
In your daily work you will be part of a smaller cross-functional team that is responsible for the worktools for our newsrooms.The challenge
You will simplify, improve and design new features in the tools for our newsrooms and you will in most cases base your design decisions on insights like data and usability tests. Our users will be your focus but at the same time you should be able to be on top of efficiency and business values in the products.
You will be working together with designers, researchers, engineers and product managers and you will be striving for shipping effective and usable products. You will be responsible for working throughout the full design process and define user flows, iterate wireframes and work close together with UX Researchers to validate your work with real users and continue to improve our products.About you
What will you do
- You are innovative and creative but can also see pragmatic solutions to problems
- You are comfortable with debating, communicating and socializing in English
- You have the experience in developing inside-driven products and services
- You have a bachelor or masters degree in design or similar
- More than 3 years of work experience as a UX-/Product Designer
- You are a team player with great communication and negotiation skills
- You are used to present your own work and argue for your solutions
- You feel comfortable with managing your own workload
- You can create user flows, wireframes and prototypes, and iterating them takes you no time
- You are passionate about being up to date, keeping abreast of digital developments and designing modern solutions
What we offer
- Collaborate with UX designers, UX researchers, Visual Designer, newsrooms, developers and project managers to identify user needs and experiences
- Working closely with publications as well as machine learning team
- Create a new, insight-driven software solutions
- Use research to map out personas as well as the user needs
- Create and validate interactive prototypes
- Actively contribute to UX strategy
If you wish to apply for this role, please send us with the following:
- We are a fantastic bunch of design colleagues that want to work with you
- We invest in growing you and your competence by letting you spend 10% of your working time to develop and will offer you a yearly conference budget
- At our offices we run multiple internal learning sessions, breakfast seminars, Schibsted Talks with complimentary lunch and other fun events
- You will work with a great set of tools
- Being part of a passionate and professional team producing impactful products
- Competitive salary adjusted to your level of competence and experience
- Insurance and pension schemes
- Recent portfolio
- Cover Letter
As a part of this process, we will conduct a background check on the final candidate.About Schibsted
Schibsted is an international media group with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.News Media
As the largest media group in Scandinavia, our world-class media houses continue to shape the media landscape of today - and tomorrow.
In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftonbladet, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad and seven local newspapers keep people informed and updated on important issues in society.