Aftonbladet is Sweden's biggest news source and one of Sweden's most visited sites, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Our mission is to build Europe's fastest and most engaging news product with future-proof technology.
We like to experiment and challenge our technology choices as much as possible to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here - https://bit.ly/2RbMXx !Who you are
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer with React competence.
If you have a proven track record of working with microservices architecture, have a passion for solving complex development problems with holistic, long-term solutions, and enjoy collaborating with others to produce high quality code whilst striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications: we would like to meet you!
Experience with Docker, CI/CD, AWS, devops and an agile mindset are a plus.What you will be working with
Come and join the team
- Continuously developing and designing new features to push our products to the next level.
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions.
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Working with data scientists and analysts to grow our products and improve our services
- Addressing challenges and collaboratively work with other teams to integrate applications in a cloud environment.
- You will be working work with talented people and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed as well as shaping the digital news media business of tomorrow!
- You will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, innovation and passion are key.
- We support each other in our curiosity by encouraging knowledge sharing in a creative environment
- We run various activities like internal tech forums, meetups, open tracks, devote a day every other week for hacking/pet projects/personal development etc.
- We continuously work together in order to have an updated training offer, with tech, product and other relevant courses