Consumer Business is the largest revenue stream in Schibsted news media, accounting for roughly 3,9 billion NOK yearly. Over the last decade, digital subscriptions have grown from pretty much nothing to a billion NOK business. To enable further digital growth, we are looking for an Analyst to the Media Insights team focusing on consumer subscription business.
In this role, you will be championing data driven product development across all Schibsted news media's subscription business. To do this, you will work closely towards a number of teams across Schibsted such as product development teams, user research, analytical teams in the local brands (Aftonbladet, SvD, VG, Aftenposten etc) and towards our central data and tech organization. You will also be part of the team that builds the new analytical platform for news media and contribute to the rollout of this platform to all the brands.
You will have a key role in enabling one of Europe's most tech-driven media companies when building and improving its core products and services. You will also provide our product and editorial teams with the insight to help them make data-driven decisions.What you will do:
- Work together with highly skilled analysts, data scientists and engineers across the entire media division
- Proactively contribute to our product development process by making sure it's aided with the right metrics, and backed by concrete user insight
- Be a key contributor in defining the common analytical needs in the development process of the analytical platform
- Define common performance metrics and dimensions across news media, and support the implementation
- Work together with data engineers to implement, document, validate, and monitor logging and metrics
- Support the decision making process in all levels of the organization
Who you are:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Economics, or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You have experience using analytical tools and techniques
- We use R / Python and a number of other leading analytical tools, such as Tableau, Snowflake, SQL, Amplitude etc. We always aim to use the right tool for the job.
- Experience in working with both unstructured and structured data
- You are self organized, proactive and detailoreinted.
- Understanding spoken norwegian or swedish is a merit, but not a requirement
- Interested in news!