We are on a journey to double Nordic Marketplaces from 2018 to 2023. We want to double our positive impact in society, double the usage of our products, and double the revenue from our operations. Furthermore, we want to transform our services to the next generation marketplace by becoming transactional in key user journeys. During the summer of 2020 we acquired the leading job and real estate marketplace Oikotie in Finland and DBA / Bilbasen / Bilinfo in Denmark. Join us in this exciting phase as we now scale our central business development team with a Strategy lead!What's in it for you?
In this role you'll be the owner of the divisional strategy, lead acquisitions, and execute strategic projects. Your days will be varied, challenging, and fun! Examples of your responsibilities:
- Own the yearly divisional strategy process in collaboration with the country strategy teams, Schibsted group strategy and the marketplace leadership team.
- Plan, execute, and integrate acquisitions to consolidate our leading nordic positions and expand in the value chain in core user journeys.
- Drive our performance management process to create alignment, speed, and engagement for our most value creating initiatives.
- Benchmark our performance internally and externally to inspire better ways of working.
- Develop market insight and competitor development
- Work with investor relations to support our EVP / CEO / CFO in communicating with the financial markets
In this role you'll be part of Nordic Marketplaces business development team and report to SVP Business Development.Who are we looking for?
Since this is a new position we think it's important that you would thrive in a role where you would be part of creating this role and how we work with strategy. We are looking for you who have a:
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- 5+ years experience from strategy consulting, corporate strategy, or M&A.
- Great storyteller with the ability to communicate complex messages in a clear and concise way
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally
- Highly analytical and enjoy staying on top of current trends
It's also great if you have:
Your new manager, who am I?
- Experience from acquisitions and post merger integration highly meriting.
- Experience from digital business models and business transformation
- Previous marketplace experience is meriting but not required
My name is Robin Suwe and I've been working at Schibsted for the past 11 years in various operational roles. Originally with an engineering background but always with a focus on business outcomes. The learning experience at Schibsted has been fantastic and I love the positive impact we have in society and the opportunities we generate for our customers and users.
The culture at Schibsted is very inclusive and our work contributes to empowering people in their everyday life. As a manager, I'm focused on building a great team spirit and achieving ambitious goals - all while living our values and having fun. I want you to succeed and will do what I can to support that development!About us?
We have prime locations in modern offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen. Applications are welcome from all our locations as we collaborate seamlessly online and offline. You can expect some degree of traveling to meet with colleagues and potential partners in other nordic countries. A common theme at our offices is that the atmosphere is relaxed and collaborative. In the business development team we work together with our local marketplace teams which ensures that we are close to business and users but also that we are part of a larger team of almost 1.000 fantastic people!
We look forward to reading your application. Please send in your application no later than 29th of November.