Do you want to be part of shaping the media of tomorrow?
Since launch in 2013 Omni has grown to be one of the biggest news services in Sweden. Last fall we launched two new business news products: Omni Ekonomi in Sweden, and minE24 in Norway. We also launched our first external collaboration with Svenskt Näringsliv called fPlus. This brings the Omni Next team to a total of four publicly available products, each with their own native iOS, Android, and web applications.
The Omni Next team is a tightly knit group of 14 people across Stockholm, Gdansk, and Oslo. Our philosophy on product development is focusing on our users' problems to guide us building successful products and businesses.The Omni Next family
The Product and Tech team of Omni Next is part of Schibsted´s Next Generation Products (Next Gen), a hub of almost 50 people who is on the mission of building things that make people smarter while changing the future of the media industry. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves and the status quo. We believe in cross-functional teams that work well together, and that focusing on our users' problems is the key to build successful products and businesses. In Omni Next, we make some of the top news apps in Norway and Sweden. Together with Schibsted Media, we're reaching more than half of Norway and Sweden´s population on a daily basis. In other words, it's an amazing laboratory for product innovation.Why hiring?
To make sure the Omni Next team continues to deliver news experiences people love, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual with design and collaboration skills to take on the role as our UX Lead. This role is key to ensure the continued success of our four different Omni Next products; Omni, Omni Ekonomi, minE24 and fPlus, as native apps and websites.
As each product has its own specialty: from giving multiple perspectives to every story, to all the economics news you could want, we need someone who can really dive deep into why our users are who they are. A great UX Lead will be able to understand and balance our four different products´ users and needs, and will work closely with the related editorial teams and our Omni Next development team, to deliver stories that matter and that users love to read.What we expect from you
The job to be done
- You're inspired by working closely with truly cross-functional teams
- You have experience from developing and launching products that have made a difference
- You can use a pencil, whiteboard and/or computer to develop and communicate concepts together with your team
- There is a rumor you're a true rock star when it comes to mapping out user needs through observations, interviews, and analysis.
- You have a deep passion for people, technology, design, and the news industry; and you want to be part of a product team that's making a true difference for our readers in Sweden and Norway
Your skills and experience
- Lead, inspire and coach UX and research to your team members and product stakeholders across Stockholm, Oslo, and Gdansk
- Set clear UX and research goals for your team
- Prioritize and produce deliveries based on user needs and product roadmaps
- Plan out and design ideas that can be shared with all parts of our organization
- Be a clear voice for our readers' needs into all discussions and prioritisations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering to ensure successful product development
- Share insights and learnings with the Next Gen UX team and other designers and researchers across the Schibsted UX and UX Research communities
What you will get in return
- Expert understanding of interaction, usability, and visual design.
- Deep understanding of UX research methods and how to take action on findings
- Proven ability to work successfully with Product and Engineering
- Passion and curiosity about the world, people, design and constantly seeking new solutions
- Love to collaborate across locations and cultures
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design guidelines
- Minimum 3-5 years of UX design or UX research experience
- Swedish does not have to be your native language, but you do have to feel comfortable having conversations in Swedish as well as English.
The UX Lead role has a seat in the Next Gen UX team, which consists of UX leads and designers working across five different product teams in Stockholm and Oslo. You will report to the Head of UX, Next Gen, located in Oslo.
In addition to the Next Gen UX team, you will also be a part of a larger UX community within Schibsted Media. In total, we're 40 designers and researchers working in teams across 10 different locations.
Some of the benefits of being the Omni Next UX Lead:
- A highly motivated team that will push you to get better at what you do
- Access to monthly UX events organized by the UX communities in Stockholm and Oslo
- Quarterly Grand Day Outs with your Next Gen UX team members
- Regular offsites with you Omni Next team and the rest of Next Gen
- Bi-weekly 1:1s with your manager
- Access to internal training and development programs through Schibsted Learning Lab
- Personal career development through the Schibsted Job Ladder system