Are you intrigued by the idea of creating a design system optimised for news media? Join our passionate UX & Design Team, responsible for a design system used by some of Scandinavia's most recognised news publishers.
Schibsted's newspapers have a reach to millions of readers online every week and we are always looking to elevate the digital user experience to the next level. There are so many unexplored ideas that are waiting to be designed and built and the design system serve as a toolbox for experiments and innovation. We use our in-house platform for article editing, news feed curation, and online publishing and the common design system is a central and integrated part of the end-user facing products.
Now looking to expand our team, this role would be perfect for someone who would love to make an impact on tomorrow's news experiences by creating and maintaining a framework to enable a larger group of designers to co-create and further develop our online publications.
Learn more about our team and what we do here:
How Schibsted creates one design system for multiple news brandsThe role
You will be part of a central UX & Design team responsible for building and maintenance of our common design system. The foundation is up and running, but you will be part of transforming the framework into a mature product within products. You will work closely together with the designers in your team as well as with other designers based at Schibsted's different media houses in Sweden and Norway.Responsibilities:
- Create wireframes, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts. Collect, compile and analyse feedback, insights, research results and tracking data in order to support decisions.
- Plan, organise and execute workshops.
- Work with UX research to build out usability testing sessions and delivering artefacts for testing.
- Thoroughly document interaction design patterns as an online resource for other designers.
- Ensure successful delivery of multiple projects by managing design deliverables and timelines.
- A few years of experience in interaction design both for responsive web and native apps.
- A university degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or related subject, or vocational education in the corresponding field.
- A natural ability to articulate and explain design ideas and the rationale behind, to other designers, engineers, product managers and other stakeholders with varying levels of exposure to designs systems.
- Proficient in a prototyping tool of your choice.
- A solid understanding of the interrelationship between user research, interaction design and visual design in the design process.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you can't miss out on - apply now!