WHO WE ARE
You will work with Aftonbladet, Sweden's biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis. Aftonbladet's mission is: "With future proof technology we build Sweden's fastest and most engaging news product - customizable for users that prefers a personalized news experience".Who you are
We are looking for a fullstack software engineer with Node.js and React competence.The primary responsibility of this position is to design, develop, and maintain applications & software to support the needs of the organisation and it's users. Other responsibilities include managing the interchange of data between server side APIs, front-end systems, and end users. Integrations between backend server applications, and front-end technologies will also be necessary.
If you have proven track record of working with microservices architecture, passion to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications, we would like to meet you!You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and maintain Node.js based Web Applications.
- Manage the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Address defects and collaboratively work with other teams to integrate applications in cloud environment.
- You will also be providing technical oversight for both smaller and bigger deliveries. This includes ensuring that information security risks are managed and identifying and addressing barriers and risks to successful implementation.
Experience with or knowledge of Docker, continuous integration / continuous deployment, and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, and passion is key. You will work with talented people, that bring their experience to make an impact on how journalism is consumed. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn. Everyday is about getting closer to Aftonbladet's vision: "a first-class news product that users love and customers buy".