E-Tech TV Operations is hiring a Technical Operations Manager (TOM). As a TOM you will work with systems, studios and equipment that are used for producing and broadcasting video and audio. You will be working with Aftonbladet, Svenska Dagbladet and other Schibsted companies as customers.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Build and develop video workflows and implement video/audio systems
- Support the newsrooms when they do live or live on tape broadcasts (inhouse or outside broadcasts)
- Supporting editorial staff with video software (editing, media asset management, encoding and other software)
- Technical maintenance of studios
- Keep field equipment in order, service and repairs of technical equipment
You are expected to work fast and with a focus on high goals. You will work in a fantastic team in a fast moving organisation that is constantly changing and improving and where your ideas and knowledge will be a part of the organisations continued development.Competence and knowledge needed:
- Broadcast technology (video switchers, audio mixers, studio cameras, graphic systems, intercom-systems, video routers)
- Building video systems and video workflows
- Technical knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, codecs and video editing in general
- Cameras and other field video equipment
- Streaming basics
- Knowledge of Media Asset Management systems (MAM) and Lawo VSM meritorious
- IT experience (networks, basic Unix/Linux, scripting, MacOS, Windows)
- Good knowledge in spoken and written English, proficiency in Swedish
- Education in video/broadcast technology or 2-3 years experience in the video/broadcast/webtv field
- Experience working with studios or OB-productions
- Experience of live broadcasts
- Experience in supporting field video equipment (cameras, microphones, tripods etc)
To succeed in the role it is important that you can work well with other people. In daily operations you will be working together with customers from several Schibsted companies. You are expected to share your knowledge with your coworkers and customers in a pedagogic way. You should be able to see the "big picture" without going into details. You are solution driven and have a big commitment in your work.
You must be interested in working with breaking news and have the ability to work fast to resolve problems. You need to be stress resistant to be able to resolve problems under live broadcast situations.
You have to be able to work independently on projects and be able to take initiatives to improve our services.
You will normally be working in shift rotation together with your colleagues but will be working outside of shift sometimes for longer projects.
IT competence is important, but also the will to learn and develop yourself more on the IT side of video technology since more and more video systems are moving toward being IT based.Are you interested in being a part of our journey to build and support the best video and audio systems/tools based on next generation technologies for Schibsted? Hit apply!