Are you interested in working in an experienced team responsible for development, maintenance and operation for Schibsted servers, storage, cloud and databases? Working closely in collaboration, with network engineers and others, having amazing internal customers and are you always eager to learn new things?
As a cloud, database and sysadmin engineer you will work together with the infrastructure team in different areas in the hybrid cloud. You will make sure the infrastructure is working and is up-to-date with the newest technology and help our internal customer with their infrastructure needs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Configuration and daily operation of our databases and servers in Sweden and internationally, both in public and private cloud as well as on-prem
- Plan, install, patch, upgrade, and troubleshoot related issues and find ways to improve our services
- Ensure that drawings and documentation are up to date
- Planning and architectural sessions. Identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Validate overall designs for availability, redundancy, and business continuity
- Work proactively in regards to monitoring and maintenance planning
Required skills and expertise:
- Experience and knowledge within a mixed IT infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in databases (Oracle, MS SQL), Linux, Windows and AWS
- Also some experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL, VMware, network storage, SANs
- Experience and understanding of other infrastructure parts such as networking, IT security, data centers
- Curious with a "willingness to learn" mentality
- Fluent in English
- Great team player
- DevOps mentality: automate everything!
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and technology companies in the Nordics
- Amazing colleagues
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Personal development plan