Schibsted Enterprise Technology is searching a new collague for the position as Server & Storage Specialist!
Schibsted Enterprise Technology is the global IT company within Schibsted Media Group, delivering services, tools and infrastructure to the entire group and all +8000 employees worldwide.As a Server & Storage Specialist
, you are part of the global infrastructure team and will be responsible for daily operations for managing, monitoring and maintaining our server and storage environment and attached systems. You will become a key member of a tight team with interesting and challenging deliveries and projects.The role also includes
tracking and resolving system related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs. You will also review system related reports (monitoring links, circuits, equipment etc.) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly. It also includes responding to system related alerts and escalations.As part of
a dynamic and exciting IT Operations environment, you will support some of the most prominent Internet based services and media houses in Sweden and Europe. You will get the opportunity to work in a strong and experienced IT Operations department based in central Stockholm, with colleagues in the server-, network-, storage- and client areas all working in a global environment.Your main responsibilities will be:
Required skills and expertise:
- Configuration and daily operation of our data centers, server and system environment in Sweden and internationally, consisting of on-premises systems virtual/physical servers and cloud environments.
- Participate with the incident management team and troubleshoot to resolve issues, focus on automation and long term solutions.
- Have ownership of the virtual VMware and storage environment. Manage, drive, planning of a system life cycle.
- Plan, install, patch, upgrade and troubleshoot system related issues and find ways to improve the service delivery.
- Improve efficiency and embrace DevOps and Continuous Integration is a must.
- Participate in planning the architecture. Identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- Be responsible for a range of activities from standing-up and hardening new servers, developing automated deployment scripts, provisioning virtual environments on AWS or similar environments.
- Assist in gathering business requirements and produce a high-level architecture to support emerging needs.
- Validate overall system availability, redundancy, and business continuity.
- Maintain Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning and conduct annual exercises.
- Review system related equipment and hardware for cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of global IT and server environments covering system communication and documentation.
- Documented technical and architectural knowledge within Windows Servers, Linux, VMware, Active Directory.
- Advanced troubleshooting at 3rd line level.
- Deep knowledge in tuning / performance.
- General technical understanding of continuous delivery and dev/ops.
- Experience and understanding of IT security within infrastructure and system security and data centers.
- Can develop and maintain appropriate system documentation. Formulate standards for system management.
- ITIL/Service Management knowledge understanding, knowledge and working experience.
- Fluent in English.
As a person you
- Experience of Cisco networking, Checkpoint FW's, AWS.
have the "
DevOps mentality": automate everything! You are curious with a "willingness to learn" and a great team player.We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically.
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and tech companies in Sweden.
- Amazing colleagues.
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities.
- Personal development plan.
Background check is part of the recruitment process.