Automation is the key to success
for any organisation. At Schibsted Enterprise Technology providing the right tools and guidelines is of vital importance in order to gain speed on the deliveries of our division. We are looking for people that embrace automation, are innovative and love to help others delivering both better and faster solutions.Our Infrastructure
runs on top of the tools that a specialized team is building, such as Spinnaker, Travis or Artifactory. We run our services on AWS and apply CI/CD mechanisms.We strongly believe
in continuous improvement of always-on systems and we work relentlessly to achieve near complete resiliency in everything we do. This means no actual user downtime, seamless infrastructure and service upgrades as well as being proactive to issues.
So come and join our DevOps team to be at the forefront of active systems engineering and development.Responsibilities:
- As part of Enterprise Technology within Schibsted you will advise this technology group as to which technology stacks / cloud / big data solutions to use.
- Automate the operations and production of distributed systems so that eventually, no manual intervention is needed.
- Help develop a state of the art platform as a service solution, using the latest and greatest technologies and approaches (e.g. Mesos, Docker, Microservices, etc.)
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like an automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue-green deployments.
- Work in close collaboration with the engineering organization, making sure that they follow the infrastructure guidelines that you have set and help them make design/reliability tradeoffs as well as implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients.
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enable the production systems to be monitored 24/7.
- Respond to requests from engineering by building self-service solutions
- Make sure that any tech solution that you put in place is robust, will scale and that failover/BCP systems are in place.
- Install, configure, fine-tune and optimize technology solutions.
We offer you:
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science.
- AWS expertise.
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Strong *nix background.
- The ability to write scripts for automation (Perl, Python or similar).
- Proven ability and experience of developing applications (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar).
- Experience of designing and building systems that scale.
- Experience with modern continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins, Git, Puppet and/or Chef.
- Great team player.
- The opportunity to shape the solutions that connect people so that Schibsted can continue to build great products.
- Amazing colleagues.
- Work in a modern IT environment on a global scale.
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities.
- Personal development plan.