As an Operations Architect you make sure there is a systematic approach to IT Operations; that the infrastructure components, tools, processes and people are interacting efficiently to keep the lights on (and on and on and on...).
You will own, create and communicate the technical vision and roadmap needed to run Enterprise Tech in Schibsted.
In Enterprise Tech, you will be a go-to person for IT operations and technical expertise to ensure stable, secure and cost-effective production for a global company, in the cloud or on-premise.
You will be part of the IT Operations Team based in Stockholm.Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the quality of our technical solutions - perform technical audits, highlighting strengths and weaknesses and propose enhancements or replacements of current components
- Ownership of operations architecture - plan, document, manage, and teach/communicate
- Investigate and suggest suitable new tools and technologies and lead the design and deployment of them
- Create visualisation of solutions, system drawings and data models
- Support execution of new business strategies while maximizing return on investments in existing IT infrastructure
- Ensure that IT solutions are long-term, scalable, maintainable,sustainable and aligned with Schibsted strategy
- Reduce complexity and costs in IT operations
- Champion and train colleagues - mentor and guide software developers and operations staff members
- Ensure architectural alignment, documentation and compliance with Schibsted IT policies and routines
- Identify, design and develop processes for the daily work in Operations unifying control of operational procedures and automating the execution of operational tasks
- Collaborate within your team and other technical teams to ensure implementations meet design specifications and established standards
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Innovative and solution-oriented, used to coping with complexity, with focus on business goals
- Experience with infrastructure as a code, automation and configuration management framework
- Extensive experience within network, security and various server and storage solutions
- Experience in software design, software deployment and solution architecture
- Experience in infrastructure/system administration and wikis
- Good process-, documentation-, organization- and time management skills
- Strong leadership and great communication skills; presenting ideas and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
As a part of the process, we will do a background check on our final candidate.