Are you interested in working in an experienced team responsible for development, maintenance and operation for Schibsted networks? Having a close collaboration with the rest of the infrastructure engineers, having amazing internal customers and are you always eager to learn new things?
As a network engineer you will work together with the team with our networks for data centers, public clouds and offices. You will make sure the networks are working and are up-to-date with the newest technology and help our internal customer with their network needs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Configuration and daily operation of our networks in Sweden and internationally, consisting of core switches, routers (Cisco), firewalls (Check Point), VPN gateways, Wi-Fi equipment, load balancers (F5).
- Plan, install, patch, upgrade and troubleshoot network related issues and find ways to improve the service
- Ensure that network diagrams and documentation are up to date
- Participate in network planning and network architecture sessions. Identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Validate overall network availability, redundancy, and business continuity
- Review network related equipment for cost effectiveness and reliability
- Work proactively in regards to monitoring and maintenance planning
Required skills and expertise:
- Experience and knowledge within networking (CCNA or similar)
- Minimum of around 3 years of experience of network environments covering routing, switching, firewall and load balancer.
- Automation scripting experience
- Cloud networking experience
- Experience and understanding of other infrastructure parts such as network security & data center
- Curious with a "willingness to learn" mentality
- Fluent in English
- Great team player
- DevOps mentality: automate everything!
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and technology companies in the Nordics
- Amazing colleagues
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Personal development plan