As a Lead Network Engineer
, you are part of the global network team and will be responsible for daily operations for managing, monitoring and maintaining the network. You will become a key member of a tight team with interesting and challenging projects. You as a leader together with the networking group will be setting the roadmap for our global delivery to meet the business expectations.The role also includes
tracking and resolving network related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs. You will also review network related reports (monitoring links, circuits, equipment etc.) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved promptly.As part of
a dynamic and exciting IT Operations environment, you will support some of the most prominent Internet based services and media houses in Sweden and Europe. You will get the opportunity to work in a strong and experienced IT Operations department based in central Stockholm, with colleagues in the server-, network-, storage- and client areas all working in a global environment.Your main responsibilities will be:
Required skills and expertise:
- Taking the technical lead for our global network delivery.
- Being the spokesman for networking enquiries and coordinating the actions of work within the network delivery group.
- Configuration and daily operation of our networks in Sweden and internationally, consisting of core switches, routers, firewalls, VPN gateways, Wi-Fi equipment, MPLS and point-to-point connections.
- Plan, install, patch, upgrade and troubleshoot network related issues and find ways to improve the service.
- Ensure that network diagrams and documentation are up to date.
- Participate in network planning and network architecture sessions. Identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- Gather business requirements and produce a high-level architecture to support emerging needs.
- Validate overall network availability, redundancy, and business continuity.
- Configuration, administering and monitoring of network infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure to ensure performance and reliability for local LANs, Internet/WAN/MPLS connectivity and remote connectivity.
- Review network related equipment for cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Work proactively in regards of monitoring and maintenance planning.
- Being a part of architectural decisions and plan for excellency.
- Being a driving force in transforming our network to a next generation modern platform.
- Documented technical and architectural knowledge within networking, Preferably CCNA, CCNP and/or CCDP/CompTIA Network+ certified or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of global IT and network environments covering routing, switching, WAN optimization, Ethernet QoS, IP-VPN.
- Experience and understanding of network security, data center and Wi-Fi.
- Security minded with excellent documentation skills.
- Curious with a "willingness to learn" mentality.
- Fluent in English.
- Great team player.
- DevOps mentality: automate everything!
We offer you:
- Experience of Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Cisco ACI, Ansible, Python, Linux, AWS
- The opportunity to work in a modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically
- An exciting position in the heart of one of the biggest media and tech companies in Sweden
- Amazing colleagues
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Personal development plan