As Cloud Engineer, you are part of the global teams working with our shared cloud infrastructure in Schibsted. The Cloud Governance team works closely with the engineering teams and the suppliers to ensure that Schibsted is using the cloud services in an optimal way. We are looking at how to optimize the set up from a cost, security, forecast and management perspective.
You will be responsible for supporting our brands with their journeys to the cloud as well as improving daily operations for efficiently managing, monitoring and maintaining our existing cloud environment together with system administrators. You will become a key member of a tight team with interesting and challenging deliveries and projects.
An important part of the role is to develop the processes around governance, using automation to get speed and quality in the processes. You will create, review and analyze system related reports (monitoring usage, trends etc.) to ensure services are delivering value as planned and that we can recharge the costs fairly in Schibsted. The daily work also includes responding to requests and working with cost savings and security.
As part of a dynamic and exciting IT Infrastructure environment, you will support some of the most prominent Internet based services and media houses in the Nordics. You will get the opportunity to work with experienced colleagues in many of the Schibsted brands and through your work help us bring Schibsted together.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Required skills and expertise:
- Ownership of the governance of cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.): configure, manage, tune, drive and plan usage.
- Improving efficiency through automation is a must.
- Account management, deployment, configuration and daily operation within our cloud environments. Focus on long term solutions.
- Support in troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Participate in planning the governance set up. Identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- Create and analyze system related reports.
- Communication with teams and suppliers.
- Documented technical and architectural knowledge within AWS (experience in Azure and/or GCP is meriting).
- Experience from working with global IT and cloud environments, covering both cloud operations, cloud governance and cloud migration processes.
- Experience in working with developing standards to structure governance in an efficient way.
- Automation focus and cloud native thinking.
- Experience and understanding of IT security within infrastructure and cloud.
- Deep knowledge in tuning / performance.
- Experience working with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Fluent in English.
As a person you have the "DevOps mentality": automate everything! You are curious with a "willingness to learn" and a great team player.We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a modern IT environment with a strong drive to innovate technologically.
- An exciting position at the heart of one of the biggest media and tech companies in Sweden.
- Amazing colleagues.
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities.
- Personal development plan.