The transport company that moves you ahead. LOTS Group provides industry leading trucking transport services by blending the latest technologies with our Lean approach.
LOTS is a fully-owned subsidiary of Scania. Whereas Scania develops and provides commercial vehicles and services, LOTS puts them in motion. We set up local offices and control towers in your location, leveraging our global experience and competence. Headquartered in Stockholm, we haul goods within heavy transport such as mining, forestry and agriculture as well as hub-to-hub operations from ports, terminals and distribution centers around the world.Overview:
At LOTS, the Finance & Controlling Department leads the financial planning processes as well as monitors the execution and fulfillment of the company’s business strategy. The department works in close integration with the management team, providing analysis, control and decision support. The company is steadily growing, and we are now looking for a global accounting executive to strengthen the reporting and accounting procedures together with our accounting service providers world-wide; today situated in Sweden and Brazil.The Position:
As a global accounting executive at LOTS, you would play a key role in the reporting and accounting procedures for our business. You will report to our CFO and work closely with all members of the finance team, our accounting service providers and finance system suppliers. You play an important role in helping the organization with its on-time reporting and implementation of sound accounting practices.
The position is based at the LOTS Stockholm office, located in close vicinity to the central station. As we are a global organization, international travel is to be expected. You need to be comfortable working closely with key finance stakeholders as the role will occasionally require synching with clients and suppliers, sometimes on-site.
At LOTS, our employees receive a high level of freedom and responsibility. As a LOTS co-worker you are expected to follow the processes and methods in place, but also to apply your own business sense, analytical abilities, leadership, interpersonal skills and good judgement to solve challenges and tasks for which no standard yet exists. The nature of being a young business forces - and allows - us to be exceedingly self-going and solution-oriented.Examples of work duties:
- LOTS Group monthly financial reporting and consolidation with Scania
- Monthly business reviews and accounting support of all operations
- Book closing activities - full balance sheet coverage and analysis
- Capitalization management for new businesses globally
- Finding, signing and managing accounting service providers globally
- Long- and short-term financial planning with our accounting service providers
- Upholding global accounting standards in the group, i.e. IFRS16 and similar
- General support to our CFO and regional finance heads
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving environment and enjoys tackling new challenges. You see lack of specification as an opportunity to influence rather than a point of frustration and enjoy playing a part in getting LOTS to the next level. You like the fact that the company is young, with an entrepreneurial culture and ambitious colleagues.
We believe that you have at least three to five years of previous experience from working as an accounting executive, accounting manager, accounting specialist, financial controller or similar with a rigorous understanding of accounting practices, global consolidation and book closing. You also have a good general business sense and find yourself quickly able to grasp what the key drivers are when examining new company setups, company consolidations, etc. Moreover, you either already are or aspire to be an Excel wizard; you find it strangely satisfying to build neat and clever spreadsheet models that complement business.The Requirements:Key qualifications:
- Masters level degree preferred
- Possess a high proficiency in MS Office Software - most critically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, including problem solving, strong instincts and intuition and high levels of financial understanding
- Highly motivated work style and a fast learner
- Must be available to travel on occasion
- Minimum language proficiency requirement: fluent in Swedish and English, other languages considered a merit (especially Portuguese and Spanish)
For more information
- Previous work in Oracle NetSuite and consolidation in Hyperion (HFM)
- Previous work with external accounting providers including contracting them
To find out more about the position, contact Michael Niska (CFO), +46 70 086 0708 or email@example.comApplication:
Your application should include a CV, cover letter and photo.
Please apply through our website Job search at Scania as soon as possible and no later than January 24th, selections and interviews will be held continuously throughout the application period.