You will join one of the worlds most reputable organisations (voted top employer 4 years in a row) to manage and develop the Nordic finance function. Along side the European Finance Director, you will ensure financial reporting excellency and will play an integral part in new process implementation and process improvement, region-wide.Description
On behalf of our client, Michael Page are looking to interview professionals with strong business acumen to join the European team as Finance Manager - Nordics. The main task of the role is to help centralise the Nordic Finance Function, to drive financial performance and develop the Nordic financial department further.Typical responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for monthly management accounts under USGAAP
- To ensure that all information required from the offshore finance team is received in a timely fashion and in accordance with accounting requirements.
- Review of the monthly bank reconciliations and ensure items are cleared timely
- Ownership of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring timely upload into system
- To work alongside the European Finance Director in preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting.
- Co-ordination of annual statutory audits including liaison with offshore finance teams
- Oversee submission of the monthly / quarterly VAT returns & statistical declarations
- To prepare ad-hoc analysis as and when required by the business or the finance teams.
- To be involved in all systems and process initiatives that affect or influence the European finance function.
- Ad-hoc project work as required.
Before applying, please consider the below requirements. If you fit the profile, and would like to learn more, feel free to apply.Requirements:
- Between 5 to 12 years of relevant experience in an international environment
- Degree Qualified (Kandidatexamen) in a relevant subject.
- Accounting principles knowledge ideally including USGAAP and Swedish GAAP
- Proven experience with near-shoring (on and off-shore liaison) / Shared Service Centres
- Solid VAT Awareness
- Ideally to have worked within a similar industry
- Experience with audit liaison (internal or external)
- The ability to fluently speak (including reading & writing) in both Swedish and English (virtual / global team liaison)
- Readiness to work in a changing environment and looking to take on a real challenge
- Detail-oriented work ethic with a drive for personal development
To be discussed in detail following application approval.