Company description:About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives.Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career.
Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, TogetherJob description:A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Required profile:Must Have (Minimum Requirements):To be considered for this role, the minimum requirements must be evident on your resume.
- Lead, execute installations and commissioning of new equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance as per service manual checklist.
- Attend breakdown calls and troubleshooting independently.
- Perform upgrades to existing and future products.
- Provide testing and validation support & data to the Global Service organization, as applicable.
- Travel to sites to work as a member of the local team to provid efficient repair/installation support.
- Has in-depth knowledge of all relevant products and can guide other members of the team as well as in-house Biomedical Engineers.
- Acts as an escalation point for issues encountered in the field
- Coordinate test tools and spare parts availability, including broken part returns in the field
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within the job area
- Assist the commercial and sales team during product demonstrations and tender support
Nice to Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Degree or equivalent in electronic/ electro mechanical engineering.
- 2 to 3 years of service experience within the medical equipment industry.
- Strong problem solving skills, demonstrate initiative, contributes to process improvement.
- Clean and full driving license. Travel requirements: 75%.
What we offer:Careers that Change Lives
- Experience in training others, including operational training of devices.
- Experience working in a hospital environment
- Requires complete and broad knowledge of operational systems, techniques and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer
, responsible for all aspects of equipment support performed at customer sites and to ensure that it is completed in compliance with all company policies and standard operating procedures. Your main responsibilities will include pre-installation checks, system installation/commissioning, planned maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment and breakdown repair.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be the main contact point with the local customers and the local commercial team for all Service & Repair related questions in Sweden.