Commercial FP&A to Verifone in StockholmPosition Summary
Works closely with the respective GM of the business to develop strategic/financial plans, conduct analyses of the business's performance and participate in a wide variety of finance related projects. May supervise financial analysts. Provides strong commercial & financial advice on margin management, capital investment and other operational issues as well as ensuring that the senior management team is appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance.About Verifone
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Verifone is the leader in providing trusted, secure and innovative payment terminals, global payment as a service, and commerce enablement solutions that create more valuable experiences and rich interactions between consumers and merchants. The company's products and services include mobile, countertop and self-service payment devices, software, and web-based gateways. With 5,300 employees worldwide, and partnerships with local distributors, Verifone is able to deliver innovative payment solutions in 150 countries and across vertical markets.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties Common to Management
- Contributes to the region strategy, operational goals and protects corporate assets through the development and implementation of sound accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the markets/segments/customers/products to help drive financial growth, performs product and customer profitability analysis to assist with business decisions
- Monitors the assigned budget for the responsibility area, gives early warnings in case of chance of overspend, and supports GM to stay within the budget.
- Partner the business streams in ensuring that sales & contribution are optimized and effectively managed.
- Supports developing 'objectives-based' system & process enhancements to enable more effective day-to-day management of business profitability
- Analyzes proposed plans and policies as well as new programs to determine costs and projected profitability.
- Leads the annual plan, quarterly commit and monthly forecast processes, and builds the region / country financials as it is required by head of business, region and corporate.
- Performs special financial studies for management in conjunction with recommended or proposed plans.
- Supports sound and timely managerial decisions and controls by providing evaluated financial operational data and information to management.
- Complies with all internal control policies and procedures and will propose and support implementing control improvements based upon changing business conditions.
- Challenge existing modus operandi, questioning processes and structures which are currently embedded in the Company culture
- Involvement and preparation of ad-hoc financial / business analysis and projects as required.
- Whenever necessary, participate negotiations with partners as well as suppliers or contractors
- Fostering strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the Commercial Finance Team
Knowledge and Experience
- Communicate corporate direction and objectives to staff.
- Manage performance through setting objectives, providing performance feedback/coaching feedback and evaluation.
- Motivate employees to over-achieve and correct performance problems.
- Develop staff skills and abilities to meet business needs.
- Actively support company programs and ensure adherence to company rules and procedures.
- Administer compensation actions within company guidelines.
- Monitor assigned budget and meet financial goals.
- BS degree with 8+ years of proven finance experience.
- Solid understanding of the financial impact and consequences of commercial terms and competence in contractual terms and conditions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities including financial modeling and analysis.
- Solid understanding of financial theory and ability to apply theory to evaluation of complex financial issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and able to influence others and work collaboratively with finance and manufacturing function colleagues.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and attention to detail for effective interaction with senior management.
- Demonstrates ethical and moral behavior; unquestionable integrity and character
- Excellent computer skills with software applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Hyperion and Oracle
- Willing to travel as required.