Are you looking to work in a major global organization which is market leader in its industry? Are you passionate about supply chain and creating positive impact? We are now looking for a Sourcing Specialist who will take the lead in driving and developing the sourcing activities and Direct Material category for KONE Scandinavia. You are skilled at managing stakeholders, suppliers and complex projects and want to be part of A Great Place to Work and our Sustainability journey!
Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow™ experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings. KONE Sourcing is a global organization of purchasing and supplier management experts responsible for direct and indirect materials and services sourcing.
The Sourcing team is now looking for a Sourcing Specialist with project management skills for KONE Scandinavia. The role is based in Kista, Sweden and reports to the Sourcing Manager Scandinavia.RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
As a Sourcing Specialist for Direct Material suppliers, you will be responsible for delivering according to the strategic plan which you develop in accordance with the KONE Sourcing strategy. You are responsible for the Direct Material category within our Sourcing team, executing sourcing plans for KONE Scandinavia while working closely together with the local Operations department. You identify local sourcing opportunities, including potential savings. You ensure correct delivery, quality and price within this category with a focus on creating sustainable partnerships. You will act as contract owner for selected suppliers. The Sourcing team also has a mission to continuously improve our processes and operations, you will hence be Project Leading various initiatives, starting with our PR/PO Reset Project, a complex cross-functional project with local and global stakeholders.
- Work with the Scandinavian business functions and our five regions to understand their business needs andassist in our stakeholders complying with our Global Purchasing Policy.
- Manage and develop our supplier base within the Direct Material category and identify local sourcing opportunities, as well as increase the usage of our preferred suppliers.
- Act as contract owner for Direct Material suppliers and negotiate frame agreements and price lists with suppliers to be used by business in KONE Scandinavia.
- Support the implementation of global/area category plans within KONE Scandinavia.
- Meet physically (post-pandemic) with suppliers and colleagues in the Scandinavian countries; occasional travelling to KONE Headquarters and other locations will also be required.
- Be Project Manager for a complex cross-functional process development project; PR/PO Reset, assigned to Sourcing by the Scandinavian Leader Team and Global Sourcing.
- Be supported for administrative tasks by our eminent Supplier Documentation Administrator!
To succeed in this role you need:
- Preferably at least 4-5 years of sourcing experience.
- Contract negotiation and contract management skills.
- Experience of having responsibility for sourcing of wide area categories such as mechanics, electronics and installation services is a strong merit.
- Experience from category responsibility is a merit.
- Cost calculation for product and services is merit.
- A solid understanding for how global trends affect the sourcing strategy.
- Business acumen, proven track record of strong business partnering; ability to provide actionable insights, influence decision-making and proactively drive business performance.
- Stakeholder and Change management, project management skills.
- Fluent level (spoken and written) of English and at least intermediate level in one of the Scandinavian languages (Swedish, Danish or Norwegian).
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
For additional information regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact recruiting manager Isidora Mazuranic, Sourcing Manager Scandinavia at email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to receiving your application via our Careers site www.kone.com/jobs by 15th August, 2021. Selection may take place on a regular basis and the role may be appointed before the closing date, so don't hesitate to upload your application as soon as possible!