SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT OCEANS Applications
Ever wonder how all the cars in the world leave the factory and end up on our roads? Or how a big crane can be delivered from one continent to another?
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world. Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and located in 29 countries, the group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
Fundamental changes are taking place in the logistics industry and Wallenius Wilhelmsen is gathering its forces to take full advantage of new opportunitiesRecognizing the central role that digital solutions will play across the supply chains for the future, Wallenius Wilhelmsen is building its digital function to deliver on our vision.
The Digital team will deliver solutions supporting end customer needs and enhancing efficiency and automation in the workplace. We are developing solutions to fundamentally improve sustainability and performance in the outbound supply chain and in our shipping operations.
We are a values driven company looking for an applications specialist who wants to help us on our digital journey. In this journey you will be part of our full shift to hyper cloud computing and in employing Robotics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence across our operations and across the outbound supply chain of our customers. If you want to be part of shaping our vision for the supply chain of the future, then we might be the place for you.Responsibilities
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Understand from the stakeholders the product/solution/application to be developed and the high-level features needed.
- Assist Service Owner and Product owner in determining release dates and cycle.
- Understand future product plans - things that are not of immediate concern but need to be considered in advance.
- Map any restrictions in terms of technologies to be employed
- Define internal and external systems that the solution needs to communicate with?
- Understand and define the skills required in the team to develop the solution
- Together with the Enterprise architect, determine the most appropriate technology stack to be used for the product. (incl POT, POC and Prototypes)
- Determine tooling and standards/guidelines for code (application and integration)
- Determine and define QA routines.
- Create high level architecture ensuring solutions are flexible to cater to changing needs over the course of Sprints.
- Work with the Business Analyst/Product Owner/Scrum Master with regards to sprint planning.
- Work ahead of the development teams to ensure an architecturally correct approach to implement the user story.
- Engage with the PO regularly to make sure both understand how the solution is going to be implemented.
- Assist in creation / provision of cost estimates and forecasting.
- Take a pragmatic approach to arrive at a solution that fits both the business and the technical needs of the system. Be open for new ideas from both PO and developers.
- Support the development team.
- Bridge the gap between the BA/PO and the development teams. An important aspect in doing this is to manage any conflicts between BA/PO and development team.
- After the development team has completed implementation, review their work and make suggestions.
- Stay up to date with both BA/PO as well as development team's work.
- Assist and perform BA functions when needed and serve as backup to BA
- With recent 3 years' experience in "Hands On" Application design, development & maintenance across front-end, databases & web services - with Java or .Net
- Experience with hyper-cloud environments with Cloud data architecture and cloud integrations a Plus
- Design & development of Application interfaces and reporting
- Experience with offshore units for design, estimation and delivery - with a collaborative and outcome-oriented approach
- Acted as SMR for one or more application / platform to understand the depth of knowledge needed
- In depth knowledge of application development with java or .net, one or more of Windows platform/server, authentication, database(SQL) and scripting
- Overall knowledge and understanding of application design and development methods
- Some experience in business Analysis and requirements gathering
- Openminded, curious and approachable
- Flexible and adaptable - used to working in Agile way and someone who embraces change
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - the successful candidate must be strong team player and able to build relationships with and influence internal and external stakeholders from different cultures and countries.
- Customer/end user focused
- Positive mindset - we want someone who inspires others and who thinks of challenges as opportunities
- Proactive and self-driven
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Regular travel is to be expected with this role
Start Date: Immediately, consideration is given to the notice period
Salary: As agreement
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a values driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
The application shall contain CV and personal letter in English. Selection and interviews will be ongoing. For more information or if any questions about the position or the process, please contact Richard Zamani, phone: 073-660 91 67 or by mail: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.