As part of an international and matrix organization, you report to the Sales Manager of Nordics/Baltics region based in our Stockholm office and you support him with the development of our sales activities across the region. This role includes extensive travels (>50%).
With the support of cross-functional teams including Technical experts, Channel partner experts, Product Management and Marketing, Legal, you are responsible for identifying business opportunities with prospective customers or existing accounts at executive level, including mainly Municipalities and Utilities.
Based on your expertise in building long-term relationships and your understanding of technological solutions, you define and execute our business development strategy in your perimeter, and you address all complex opportunities targeting smart metering/grid and Smart city projects.Main duties and responsibilities:
Required skills and experience:
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of our company Smart City and Smart Grid solutions, supported by electricity, gas, water and heat products.
- Think out of the box and find new creative ways to promote the company and to penetrate the new growing market of Smart City.
- Perform incisive and insightful market and competitive research to develop existing business and new high-level client relationships.
- Act as the customers trusted advisor and develop a long-term customer relationship at executive and government official level.
- Understand client needs and tailor solutions through consultative approach.
- Identify, recruit, evaluate technical and business partners to address new markets.
- Prepare bids offers for clients working in a multi-disciplinary team, follow the execution of the projects and take care of the post project business evolution.
- Participate to tradeshows and events related to Smart Cities to increase Itron's visibility.
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships, maintaining an accurate, detailed opportunity list, and develop an active customer base along our long sales cycles.
- Utilize Salesforce.com tool to ensure standard processes during all sales stages.
- Develop and keep alive a pipeline of opportunities to build long term forecast.
What we offer:
- Degree in Engineering (IT / Telecom), and/or in Business, completed with at least 5 years' experience at selling complex solutions including hardware, Software and Services in BtoB or BtoG.
- Experienced in dealing with governments, municipal markets and utilities is key.
- Preferably coming from IoT/Telecom/Energy industry or any sector proposing complex solutions to enable companies, utilities, municipalities, and governments to improve their daily and long-term performances.
- Passion for sales, ability to generate new leads, build relationships with public officials, partners, C-level stakeholders, and close deals.
- Outstanding ability to convince others and to maintain effective business network.
- Excellent team-spirit and communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Fluent Swedish and English skills are mandatory.
- Driving license is required.
- Position based in our sales office in Stockholm, can also be managed remotely.
- Package including a fix and a variable based on results, lease car, Occupational Pension, Life Assurance, Long-Term Disability benefit and AD&D cover.
- Opportunity to actively take part in the transformation of cities and utilities for a smarter management of resources.
- International and multicultural working environment, which provides a unique opportunity to improve the way we support our customers by interacting with colleagues and partners from all around the world.