gateretail is part of gategroup, the global leader in airline catering, retail-on-board and hospitality products and services. We provide passengers with superior culinary and retail experiences, leveraging our innovation and advanced technology solutions. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we deliver operational excellence through the largest catering network in the aviation industry, serving more than 500 million passengers annually from over 200 operating units in 60+ countries across all continents.
The Retail Account Director is responsible for the effective delivery of all retail services provided by gategroup to the customer. The primary focus is on managing the sales on board, proactively managing the range in cooperation with the CoE to increase sales per head in line with or exceeding the budget and managing the service delivery to maximize spend and operational efficiency.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and develop strong relationships with airline customers.
- Communicate contractual performance against budget and forecast with the airlines Retail team.
- Strategic partnership with the customer airlines and the gategroup crew training team to develop and implement product training and motivation programmes for crew, matched by relevant targeting and incentive modules.
- Proactive management of range development and change including marketing, purchasing and development to achieve budget.
- Create and deliver all budget measures for retail ranges, overheads and promotional activities.
- Accountable for the maximization of retail contribution at the lowest operational cost, maintaining optimum product availability without unnecessarily increasing stock holding value.
- Accountable for the production of all marketing materials for the customer airline's retail offer, within budget.
- Establish and implement strategic planning initiatives, marketing efforts, and sales process improvements in order to meet sales objectives and support overall strategic direction
- Develop bid strategy, sales approach, and negotiating tactics for retaining / expanding existing business taking into account profit and contract objectives
- Monitor adherence to standards for commercial contracts, pricing, marketing collateral, and product presentations
- Monitor overall sales performance, take measures to achieve goals
- Support sales and service process and reporting requirements, responsible for review and approval of P&L and monthly reporting package
Education: University degree level in business or equivalent knowledge reached via work experience
Work Experience: 7-10 years' experience in a Retail Sales/Business Development role, airline experience is a merit.
Technical Skills: Windows package, business report tools (BW), comfortable in excel.
Language / Communication Skills: Complete fluency in written and spoken English and Swedish is essential.About the job
Type of employment: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Kista, StockholmApplication
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter. The recruitment process is ongoing and the position may be filled before last day of application. If you have any questions about the job please contact opportunities_SE@gategroup.com