Wear applications Sales Engineer
Are you interested in developing sales and new applications for our Wear Applications segment, for the cemented tungsten carbide industry? If you are a motivated sales professional with technical capabilities with strong personal drive and highly customer oriented, we want to speak with you!
Hyperion Materials & Technologies ("Hyperion") is a global solution provider for effective applications of hard and super-hard materials. With heritage as the world's premier cemented carbide, diamond and cubic boron nitride producer, our offering is based on premium products that can be engineered and designed to meet the dynamic demands of different industrial applications. With approximately 1,400 employees worldwide, we have well-established technologies and facilities spread across the globe, which support a sales network that interfaces with our customers. Our headquarters are in Columbus, Ohio.
The preferred location for this position is Sweden. You can actually live anywhere in Sweden and still manage this job. Other North European Countries will be also evaluated as long as you can speak Swedish. You will be travelling domestically and responsible for the developing and growing new customers in the North Europe. Limited international travel may be required to interact with other parts of Hyperion's organization.Key Performance Areas
- Direct sales activities in a wide geographical area (Scandinavia, Denmark, UK, Poland), acting as the preferred link between the customer and Hyperion: preparation and follow up of sales calls, offer presentation, maintain and develop key relationships...
- Develop individual sales plans; achieve sales targets by executing the plans
- Opportunity funnel management
- Use of CRM tools to help drive growth
- Support sales forecast process
- Identify and develop new opportunities for tungsten carbide wear applications. Understand customer needs, applications, processes, analyze the performance determining factors and design requirements, and offer suitable engineering
- Serve as a liaison between Hyperion engineering and customers while developing and testing the products
- Actively promote the use of Hyperion materials & solutions to existing customers and develop new customers in the region. Share application knowledge and customer experience with Hyperion teams
- Actively prospect new customers to achieve growth targets
- Provide competitor information, market intelligence and technology trends in industry specific to relevant areas of application
- Attend industry specific trade shows, both as visitor and exhibitor
Have at least 5-8 years of work experience in a similar position, involving technical sales and application engineering. Bachelor's degree in engineering or material sciences, preferred.
- Highly customer oriented
- Strong personal drive with well-developed ability to prioritize, follow up and conclude deals
- Ability to network, cooperate and cultivate effective partnerships with customers
- Strong technical background and understanding of customer processes, applications and material properties.
- Knowledge of cemented carbide and applications will be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led application development activities; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Able to anticipate, identify, and respond to challenging situations
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Experience in working in multi-functional environment with ability to understand various processes and transactional flows
- Basic understanding of typical production processes for components and sub-assemblies made from cemented carbide and other associated materials
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
In this recruitment Hyperion uses Infinity HR as its recruitment partner. If you have any questions about the job, please contact Anton Fredriksson, Infinity HR, +4670-3115159.
Please attach your resumé and personal letter in the application.