II-VI in Järfälla, Stockholm, is looking for a software development engineer for the Product Development Team.
Are you a recently graduated software development engineer with an interest in physics or data analysis? Be part of II-VI´s (formerly Finisar) Product Development Team at their facility in Järfälla as a Software Development Engineer in Photonics IC Design and Test. Here you will work on the design and delivery of software applications in .Net/C# enabling the automated testing of leading-edge optoelectronic components.Purpose, Offer and Benefits
II-VI is a high-tech, international company that develops pioneering and high-quality products in optoelectronics. The site in Järfälla hosts a unique production of laser components and state of the art product development. You will be part of a financially stable and fast-growing company that has some of the world´s most famous Tech companies as customers. Here you get opportunities to contribute to the development of products used in e.g., large computer halls and 5G network. At II-VI, you work in a multicultural, knowledge-intensive and fast-growing organization with efficient decision-making.
As Software Engineer, Automation and Test, you will play an important role in the company´s continued development. II-VI are proud of their values as represented in their company acronym I CARE: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and these permeate their strategies as well as the daily work. II-VI takes care of their staff and offers you a competitive salary, bonus model, six weeks´ leave, health and medical insurance and a generous plan for retirement through Skandia.Your Responsibilities
The Bigger Picture
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and delivery of new software tools for use in II-VI´s product development and manufacturing test systems.
- Algorithm development to improve automation and efficiency.
- Continuous review, improvement and formal release of software updates in line with requirements throughout the product development and manufacturing phases.
- Provide and maintain documentation for all test software projects.
- Interact, on daily a basis, with on-site teams across multiple disciplines (Chip Design, Wafer Fabrication Process Engineering, Operations, Quality and Reliability, Project Management).
- Participate in ongoing knowledge transfer to other group members on relevant technical topics, such as software development concepts, library re-use, optical component characteristics etc.
You will join a competent team consisting of 7 engineers and will report to the manager of Photonics IC Software Design.Our Expectations
We are looking for an engineer with at least a MSc in software engineering, electronics or engineering physics as well as 0-5 years´ work experience within your field. You should have experience of software development in an object-oriented programming language such as C#, C++ or Java and also a numerical programming language such as Matlab or Python. You are fluent in both spoken and written English; it is also an advantage if you have Swedish speaking skills.
In order to be successful in the role, you should enjoy working within complex projects and towards set goals. You are driven, quality-conscious, creative and innovative and find solutions both within and outside traditional methodologies. You have a keen interest in innovation and the latest technologies. You are also a strong communicator, good at networking and building relationships.Interested?
We work with TNG in this recruitment process. They are recruitment specialists in unbiased and competence based recruitment, which creates diversity and innovation in teams and contribute to a sustainable employment market. If you are interested in this position, apply straight away! The selection process is continual and the position may be filled before the last date for applications. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.