Join us at II-VI on our journey to transform the electronic industry with our SiC power semiconductors!
To meet the global market need for our innovative Silicon Carbide (SiC) products, we are expanding our R&D and production team in Kista, Stockholm with an experienced engineer in power electronics. Here you will contribute to the transformation of the electronic industry by development of application specific test setups for evaluation of our unique power devices based on advanced SiC epitaxy material technology.
With your knowledge in power electronic semiconductors and circuits, you will manage device application modelling and system performance demonstrations, to help us disrupt the automotive, IT, and energy sector towards a more sustainable future.Purpose, Offer and Benefits
With a history as a small start-up (formerly Ascatron) and now part of a global tech company, we offer you an innovative environment working with state-of-the-art technology.Here you will:
- Make a difference! There is no "this is how we have always done things". Instead, we promote innovation, trial-and-error and learn from every prototype, experiment, and discovery.
- Work with experienced and committed colleagues, who collaborate, share best practices, knowledge and support each other.
- Implement research into real products that will be manufactured and sold worldwide.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future! Our SiC technology minimize energy loss in power electronic used in electric vehicles, solar energy or industry.
Your main responsibility will be to manage the development of application specific test setups for evaluation, quality testing and performance demonstration of SiC power semiconductors.This means:
The Bigger Picture
- Setup measurement systems for reliability, ruggedness and switching testing of power devices according to required quality standards for industrial and automotive applications.
- Setup device specifications with datasheets.
- Device application modelling, and system performance demonstration.
- Write application notes
- Support customers in system implementation.
- Documentation of work, progress reporting and instructions for example quality-, development-, and delivery reports.
- Presentations for internal and external use.
You will manage several projects at the same time and collaborate daily with engineers in disciplines such as Design, Operations, Test, Quality and Reliability, and Project Management. In addition, you will have several external contacts. The ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships, and participate in knowledge transfer within and between teams, will be of high importance. The role requires that you can perform practical work in the test lab.
This is a full-time position and you report to the Team Leader of Device Development.Our Expectations
To be successful in this role you should be a driven, innovative problem solver with practical skills in a lab environment. Your customer focus and ability to collaborate in teams lay a strong foundation for creating and maintaining long-term relationships.
We are looking for a person with a Master´s degree in Electronics or Engineering Physics and at least 10 years of experience from the electronic industry. In addition, you have extensive knowledge of power electronic semiconductors and circuits as well as good knowledge in electronic device testing. It is advantageous if you have experience with power device testing and SiC technology. Furthermore, the role requires that you are fluent in written and spoken English.Interested?
We work with TNG Tech in this recruitment process. They are recruitment specialists in unbiased and competence based recruitment, which creates diversity and innovation in teams and contribute to a sustainable employment market. If you are interested in this position, apply right now! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be filled before the last apply-date. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.