Join our team at II-VI as an EPI Process Engineer to develop the next generation of Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductors.
To meet the global market need for our innovative SiC products we are now expanding our R&D and production team at II-VI in Kista, Stockholm (formerly Ascatron). Here you will transform the electronic industry by developing and producing our advanced SiC epitaxy material. As an EPI Process Engineer you will work with the first critical step in the semiconductor manufacturing process, determining the device performance and quality.
Your daily enthusiastic contribution, knowledge and ideas will help us change the automotive, IT, and energy sectors for a more sustainable future.Purpose, Offer and Benefits
With a history as a small start-up (formerly Ascatron) and now part of a global tech company, we offer you an innovative environment with state-of-the-art technology.Here you will:
- Make a difference! There is no "this is how we have always done things". Instead, we promote innovation, trial-and-error and learn from every prototype, experiment, and discovery.
- Work with experienced and committed colleagues who collaborate, share best practices, knowledge and support each other.
- Implement research into real products that will be manufactured and sold worldwide.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future! Our SiC technology minimizes energy loss in power electronics used in electric vehicles, solar energy, and industry.
Your main responsibility as an EPI Process Engineer will be to develop and operate the SiC Epitaxy material production process on site.This means:
The Bigger Picture
- Maintenance of the SiC epitaxy equipment.
- Optimization of the SiC epitaxy processes.
- Operation of the epitaxy fabrication process, including the handling of chemicals, and gases.
- Characterization of material properties.
- Analysis of operation parameters, measurement data, and material quality.
- Development of characterization methods and other related fabrication processes.
- Document progress reporting and instructions, for example, quality-, development-, and delivery reports.
- Planning of production and development work.
The role requires that you work on-site at our lab located in Kista outside Stockholm. Here you will operate the material production process, develop and improve current workflows, setup process in new equipment, analyse measurement data, and enhance the current setup in the factory.
You will collaborate daily with engineers and technicians in disciplines such as Design, Operations, Test, Quality and Reliability, and Project Management. This is a full-time position and you will report to the Team Leader of the EPI Production. Working hours are primarily daytime Mon-Fri however occasional evening shifts are expected.Our Expectations
To be successful in this role you must be methodical, analytical, meticulous and a problem solver. You are a team player who enjoys hands-on work and who has a strong sense of quality consciousness.
We are looking for someone with a Master´s degree in Technology or Science in nanotechnology, material science, in-organic chemistry, or engineering physics with a couple of years of experience in the production industry. You have knowledge of semiconductor process technology and material characterization. It is an advantage if you have experience working in a semiconductor clean-room or laboratory.Interested?
We work with TNG Tech in this recruitment process. They are recruitment specialists in unbiased and competence based recruitment, which creates diversity and innovation in teams and contribute to a sustainable employment market. If you are interested in this position, apply right now! The selection process is ongoing and the position can be filled before the last apply-date. If you have any questions, please contact the recruiter.