At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.Job Description
Why we need you
As our iOS-Developer, you are vital in maintaining FLIR's world-leading position in thermal sensing technologies. At our R & D department, we bring together creative minds from AI, image recognition, optics, mechanics, and electronics technology to develop future usages for infrared cameras. Right now, our focus lies on further integrating our hardware and software to create a more automated and better customer experience. You will work in the Digital Solutions team, a part of our R & D department. Now is the best time to join us; our small team sets the tone for FLIR:s global digital strategy, and you'll have a significant impact on that journey. When working here, you will be in the center of R & D, production, and sales since most things are happening right here under the same roof.
What you will be doing
- Develop applications used by professionals for iOS such as camera and image management apps connected to cloud services
- Review existing iOS codebases and improve or make recommendations for improving them
- Participate in software architecture
- Work in a Scrum environment
To be ready to take on this role we would love if you have
- Collaborate closely with other engineers
For us, it's more important to have the right person onboard and we are willing to tailor the role to fit your level of experience. But in order for you to contribute we think you at least have:
- Good understanding of the iOS platform
- Openness to work with SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience from cross-functional collaborations
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Solution orientation and resourcefulness
- A doers attitude that gets things done
- Fluent in English is required, fluent in Swedish is a plus
What FLIR offers you
- To be a part of a market leader company with a 50 years track record
- At FLIR, you get a unique opportunity to experience how cutting edge R&D, software- and hardware development come together under one roof. We do our own research, our own development, and our own manufacturing
- Friendly culture with a focus on collaboration, problem-solving and creativity
- Fair compensation structure and benefits
If you liked what you just read, and believe you are the person that will make us better, do not hesitate to apply.
The selection process is ongoing, so don't wait, but no later than the 9th of October.
If you have questions about the position or FLIR, please contact Jens Engrund, Senior Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of the initial communication will happen over mail. Have an eye on your mailbox.When applying, make it easy for yourself. Add a resume and fill out the required fields, no need to add anything else at this point.
This position requires access to export-controlled information or items (i.e. regulated technology or technical data per ITAR/EAR US regulations). Applicants must be eligible for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.