Do you enjoy being in the middle of the action, addressing key issues in a time-compressed situation? Do you have experience from strategy consulting or commercial due diligence processes, either as an external consultant or internally? Do you wonder what it is like being in a team that is truly passionate, determined and perseveres to make an impact together by playing to individual strengths?
This is a unique opportunity to join our team in Stockholm to help world leading Private Equity firms and corporate clients make better investment decisions across every stage of the deal life-cycle. We pride ourselves on being involved in the most interesting deals within the Nordics. Our ambition is to grow large enough to make an impact, while remaining entrepreneurial enough to continue creating and having fun.
We understand the deal environment can be tough, and life does not stand still. We believe that by thinking differently and working as a team, we can create exceptional experiences for both our people and our clients that is sustainable over the long term, regardless of deal pressures or how personal circumstances change.What we do in a nutshell
- We provide highly customized strategic and commercial support to private equity and corporate clients throughout the M&A lifecycle
- We work with senior executives to define how they employ M&A-in alignment with their corporate strategy-to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry
- We bring insights to inform clients’ investment thesis, deal valuation and post-deal value creation plan by rapidly conducting primary research and combining it with secondary sources, to cover the target company’s propositions, markets, customers, and competitors
- We work closely with our financial, tax, technology and human capital colleagues to ensure joined-up insights and a smooth process, reducing the burden on our clients during a critical period
Role and Responsibilities
- 1-3+ years of relevant experience from a strategy role within either: a leading corporate; a Tier1 strategy consulting firm; a Big4 consultancy; a strategy boutique or equivalent
- Involved in delivering either or both commercial due diligence and client-based corporate strategy engagements
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial instincts, with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing teams in uncertain/evolving environments
- Experience of working with Private Equity and/or investment companies’ shareholders
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swedish is mandatory, candidates who are not fluent won’t be considered for this role
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
You will play a key role in evaluating and shaping our client’s M&A strategy. The role requires: outstanding analytical and advisory skills; commercial thinking; corporate M&A skills; ability to plan, manage and deliver projects independently; and excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
Our pledge to you
- Critically challenge investment thesis’, industry analysis, business plans, and synergies
- Build and shape our commercial due diligence and M&A Strategy offer in close collaboration with the senior team, including challenging the status quo
- Assess companies, drawing meaningful conclusions to drive improvements in their top-line performance
- Dynamically problem solve to successfully lead and contribute to projects across the Nordics
- Build internal and external relationships and seek to identify opportunities
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Provide on the job learning to team members
- Continually develop own strengths with support of Deloitte resources
How to apply
- As part of our team, we will make sure that you can continue to develop yourself through formal training programs
- We will enable and support you to grow in client and internal facing situations, and help you take the next steps in your career
- We will give you the freedom to operate and the responsibility that comes with it
- We will be honest and direct, and we expect you to be the same
We would like to receive your CV as soon as possible as we are screening applications continuously.
For questions please contact Linn Sigra, Human Resources & Talent at email@example.com.We are looking forward to your application!What impact will you make?Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. We do not just aspire to make solutions. We wish to create an impact that makes a positive and crucial difference for the people around us, our clients and our society. Deloitte is where you’ll find unlimited opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.