Are you experienced in data analytics and interested in using your insights to support Danske Bank Group in effective management of sanctions and financial crime risks? Maybe this position is your next career step!
Danske Bank's Sanction & Embargo unit is looking for an experienced data analyst to further strengthen the Group's sanctions risk management capabilities. You will join the Sanctions Controls and Technology team which is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of the Group's sanctions screening technologies, and associated technical and business processes.
In this role, you have an integral role in analysing the performance of the screening technology platforms and associated processes. You will independently produce and visualize actionable data-based insights to senior management to allow holistic and fact-based decision making. As a data analyst, you will proactively identify and propose new solutions that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the sanctions screening processes and controls. You will report to the Head of Sanctions Controls and Technology.
By joining Danske Bank Group Compliance, you will become a part of a growing international team working to ensure integrity across the Bank's participation in financial markets and in society.
This is a permanent job, and you can be located either in Helsinki, Copenhagen or Stockholm.Your main responsibilities will include:
Success Criteria for the Data Analyst in Sanctions Controls and Technology
- Analyse, structure, and visualize data while taking into account the seniority and subject matter expertise of the target audience
- Collect and/or coordinate the collection of relevant data by engaging with stakeholders across the organisation (IT, operations, business)
- Support Sanction & Embargo unit from a data perspective in strengthening and developing the Group's overall sanctions control framework
- Provide actionable risk-based insight to senior management that allows holistic and fact-based decision making
- Develop data models, data flows, and advanced analytics models
- Support in the oversight and monitoring of the Group's sanctions screening technologies, and associated technical and business processes from a data-based perspective
- High ability to work with large sets of structured and unstructured data, seeing through it, and analysing it to find conclusions
- Capability to present your findings, or translate the data into understandable documents
- Capability to express complex ideas and analysis in easily understandable form
- Advanced data visualisation skills that allow you to create reports, reporting dashboards, and presentations
- Solid working knowledge of analytics design and development tools and techniques
- Strong technical background within Business Intelligence (BI) including best practices, analysis, visualization, and latest BI trends
- Relevant educational degree (mathematics, computer science, statistics, or similar)
- Strong experience from Financial Industry will be seen as an advantage
- High proficiency in spoken and written English, which is the language used across Group Compliance, is a mandatory requirement.
- Technical understanding of payment schemes and standards (i.e. ISO 20022, SWIFT) is preferable
You will become a part of a journey to build an even more collaborative, innovative and engaging culture. A culture where we empower all in Group Compliance to take ownership of how we work and how we develop. Our leaders are responsible for inspiring their employees to succeed and grow personally and professionally. If you can see yourself, thriving in a fun, dynamic, diverse, business-aware and outcome-centric Compliance department - now is the time to join!Interested?
For additional information about the position please contact Head of Sanctions Marjo Pikkukangas, +358 50 422 6632, between following times: 22.11. 10:00-11:00 EET, 25.11. 15:00-15:30 EET and 27.11. 14:00-15:00 EET.
Send application and CV no later than 01.12.2019.