Full-time lecturer in the field of Biomedical Engineering
opportunity to teach highly motivated university students from North AmericaDIS Stockholm
is currently hiring a full-time faculty member to teach various courses within the field of biomedical engineering and bioengineering at university/undergraduate level
Examples of courses under development within this program are: Biomedical Engineering in Scandinavia Engineering Biomaterials Biostatistics (more info at https://dis.career.emply.com/available-positions)
These are introductory courses to various topics within biomedical engineering, taught to engineering students in the second to the fourth year of university studies. Specific course topics within the course may vary depending on the particular expertise of the teaching faculty.There are many good reasons to teach at DIS, such as excellent opportunities to
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Work in an international, informal, and enthusiastic environment with emphasis on cross-cultural understanding, teamwork, innovation, and adaptability
- Develop interactive, experiential teaching skills and teaching experience in English
- Impact US-based students/upcoming professionals by sharing Scandinavian culture and best practices
- Expand professional networks in Scandinavia and in the USA
- Create, revise, and finalize syllabi for courses, in collaboration with DIS staff.
- Teach at DIS Stockholm - teaching format includes classroom lectures, experiential learning activities, field studies, and study tours incorporating academic visits.
- Plan academic visits and travel with students in faculty-led study tours.
- Assess students' performance, prepare and grade assignments, and provide feedback to students throughout the course.
- Participate in meetings/workshops aimed to develop pedagogical skills in line with the DIS teaching philosophy.
- Participate in administrative meetings and contribute to the development of internal projects.
- Relevant background (Ph.D., engineer/researcher/scientist, etc.) and hands-on expertise within the field of biomedical engineering.
- The candidate should be open to pedagogical support from DIS and capable of incorporating DIS's interactive and hands-on teaching philosophy into teaching practice.
- Experience in creating a structured and interactive learning environment.
Contact Engineering Program, email@example.comApplication Process
Please submit your CV and application letter in English as soon as possible. Applications will be processed as received.
DIS STOCKHOLM: Melodislingan 21, 115 51 Stockholm, Sweden. Phone: (+46) (0)10 175 13 13 https://disabroad.org/stockholm/