Opportunity to teach highly motivated US-based university students in Stockholm
is currently hiring part-time faculty to teach the course Co-Creation Lab
starting in August 2021. Preparation of course content will start in spring 2021 (pre-preparation fee will be paid out separately). The course will be offered twice per year: fall term (mid-August to mid-December) and spring term (mid-January to mid-May), a total of 10 months per year. The position is temporary for one year but with great chances, for extended employment.
The course includes lectures, discussions, student-centered learning activities, problem-based learning, design-thinking activities, field studies in the Stockholm region, student assessment, grading, and feedback. Every term, teachers are in direct contact with students during 23 sessions (80 minutes each) plus 2 field studies (4 hours each).
Course description: This interactive course focuses on the process of design, using methods of design-thinking and co-creation: user-centered mindsets and action-oriented toolkits to help reframe challenges and innovate collaboratively. No design experience is required. We select our focus from among the Grand Challenges for Engineering in the 21st century, including enhancing virtual reality, advancing personalized learning, and making solar energy economical.
Working in interdisciplinary groups, you develop ideas in co-creation with stakeholders, professionals, and end-users, utilizing tools and techniques to better understand and synthesize insights; generate, visualize, and prototype ideas; and iterate collaborative designs.
For more information about the Course Syllabus please visit DIS Stockholm AB´s recruitment platform: https://dis.career.emply.com/available-positionsDIS offers excellent opportunities to
- Work in an international, informal, and enthusiastic academic environment with an emphasis on cross-cultural understanding, teamwork, innovation, collegiality, and adaptability.
- Develop interactive, experiential teaching skills and teaching experience in English.
- Enhance the cultural competencies of US-based students/emerging professionals by sharing your knowledge of Scandinavia and local best practices.
Main tasks and responsibilities as part-time faculty
- Expand professional networks throughout Scandinavia and the United States.
- Revise and finalize the syllabus for the course, in collaboration with DIS staff.
- Teach at DIS Stockholm - teaching format includes classroom lectures, experiential learning opportunities, design-thinking activities, problem-based learning, and hands-on field studies.
- Network, communicate and invite external partners (members of academia, industry, and the public sector) to support the development of ideas and proposals within the course.
- Facilitate group work through communication with students and other stakeholders for each project.
- Assess students' performance, grade assignments, and provide feedback to students throughout the course.
- Participate in meetings/workshops to develop pedagogical skills in line with the DIS teaching philosophy.
- Relevant background (Ph.D. in engineering, science, higher education, entrepreneurship, or relevant field) and/or equivalent professional experience leading innovative projects within cross-disciplinary teams to generate real-world solutions.
- Experience creating a structured and interactive learning environment.
- Experience and expertise in design thinking and problem-based learning is an advantage.
- The candidate should be open to pedagogical support from DIS and capable of incorporating DIS's interactive and hands-on teaching philosophy into teaching practice.
Please submit your CV and application letter, addressing the professional competencies above, in English, as soon as possible. In your application, you should clearly state the position you are applying for. Applications will be processed as received.
You can also apply directly on DIS Stockholm AB´s recruitment platform: https://dis.career.emply.com/available-positionsContact Information
Please send an e-mail to email@example.comTemporary employment:
12 months but with great chances for extended employment.Part-time:
Approximately 10 hours per week. January-May and August - December.Deadline:
As soon as possible, but no later than 2021-03-31.Start date:
2021-08-01, but the preparation of the course content will start in spring 2021 (pre-preparation fee will be paid out separately).