DEKRA is a global safety provider active in more than 50 countries and with ca 45 000 employees. DEKRA group is organized in 8 Regions and 8 Service Divisions, where the Regions are responsible for sales and operations and the Service Divisions for service development and excellence.
Now, Service Division Industrial Inspection is looking for a talented engineer to further develop and grow our digital solutions within the business lines clustered in the area of Industrial Inspection. The business lines are NDT, Lift Equipment, Pressurized Equipment, Plant Safety & Environmental, Construction, Electrical, Fire, Ventilation, Electrical, Destructive Testing & Mechanized/Robotized Inspection.
The aim is to develop digital solutions in these business lines by combining existing long gained experience from the field and customers, both from a business intelligence point of view but also from a customer, asset and technical point of view.
Target for both us as a company and our customers, is to develop more value and efficiency for a greater good and in this role through digital solutions based on customer and asset experience. You will work in a global organization with both senior managers and niche experts to deliver service development and excellence through our operations in all regions in a team approach. You will lead your own carefully selected projects as well as contributing in other projects led by your colleagues, both in the Service Division as well as other stakeholders in a global context.Description of position
- Develop digital solutions from idea to final product, from customer and market research to roll-out, but with the main focus on development
- Transform our existing knowledge about customers´ needs and assets into digital solutions
- You will perform own analysis, programming and calculations to develop algorithms
- In close contact with customers, install sensors and other hardware, as well as software, for pilots and conceptual projects
- When running solutions at customers in the operations generating revenue, you will act as support to both the local operations as well as the customer
Description of profile
- Be project manager for your own projects and report about timing, content and cost on regular basis
- Engineer with MSc/PhD/BSc level of education
- Experience of programming for development of scripts for data management. This can be gained both via studies and work. Matlab and Python are examples where expertise level is highly recommended
- Experience of data management and transforming field and customer needs to digital models, in either segments, not specifically mechanical engineering but also other segments
- Experience from the field of industrial inspection is meritorious
- Excellent English in both oral and written, is mandatory
As a person you are driven, curious, creative and prestigeless. You are comfortable with a working situation that is highly individual, but yet highly connected to the teams and organizations you work in. You are communicative and is good in creating contact with colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
The position can be situated nearby one of our DEKRA offices in the countries Germany, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands or Lithuania. However, you will interact with countries in all continents. Traveling will occur but digital tools are of course preferred instead of traveling, if possible.