YOU SUPPORT OUR STORES, WE SUPPORT YOUR DEVELOPMENT
To provide world class service to our customers, our colleagues in our stores need world class support. This is the task of our many support offices.
Here you´ll become part of our talented team of specialists in logistics, accounting, sales, IT, HR and marketing. To meet the future, we collaborate across teams and our worldwide markets. Our most important assets are our people and we put a lot of trust in you.
In return for your commitment, energyand ambition we offer you security and responsible freedom in carrying out what you do best in your job.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director Category is responsible for securing alignment, understanding, adaptation and effective execution of the global category strategies and concepts to achieve the overall Circle K business goals through effective category management and development following the preferred Circle K approach for the BU areas he/she is responsible for.
The role will have responsibility for indirect leadership of a Network of Cat Mans within the assigned BU Market area with whom he/she will collaborate, communicate and help develop as category experts.
This category position is responsible to facilitate a high level of cooperation and communication within the given BU market area and to be the main point of contact for the assigned BUs to work with on a daily basis in all areas related to the global category to move toward a best in class consumer offer that will establish Circle K as the preferred destination . As such, strong skills in category management, cooperation, leadership and communication are needed. Analytical skills and a very structured work behavior is required to manage a large portfolio of projects. Car Wash experience is not required but a plus if you have knowledge. This role requires periodical travel, mostly within Europe, but also with 1-2 yearly 2 weeks trips to North America & Canada per year.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for category performance in assigned BU market areas, continuous category improvements and new development support
- Key KPI's: Margin, Units, Sales, Market share, Customer traffic, Basket development
- Participate as part of global category team to contribute to research, development, testing, roll out and planning activities
- Actively participate in category development project teams to create new offers and partner with BU to pilot new ideas, offers and innovations for future category growth
- Align and ensure execution of category strategies and standards in assigned BU market areas; Assist with local adaptations and problem solving
- Secure understanding , support and buy-in of local BU stakeholders and Category Manager network
- Work with all BU resources to coordinate all activities and ensure effective implementation and high success rates
- Share research and insights with local BU teams; Gather feedback and input from BUs on needs, local trends and consumer insights for use in the global team
- Plays a key role to ensure optimal collaboration and communication with key stakeholders and within the various networks of the assigned BU market area
- Represent the global category team in local internal and external forums within the assigned BU market area
- Responsible for networking and coordinating with supporting functions and team members in Europe in North America as needed (Marketing, Comms, Procurement, Training, Supply Chain, Analytics, HSE etc)
- Support BU with development of yearly category plans in line with the global category strategy and positioning following the Circle K process, structure and timing; Assist with planning and implementation as well as on-going execution.
- Maintain local supplier relationships , cooperation in procurement activities and contract negotiations as needed within the category; Support BU with supplier communications as needed and problem solving
- Indirectly leading the Cat Man network; securing category strategies, positioning, tactics, use of approved suppliers, improving Cat Man knowledge, competencies; best practice sharing and team building for the BUs assigned
- Flexible working hours and travel to support all global ways of working
- Seasoned product developer- Demonstrated success in sustainably developing and launching innovative and successful products in a CPG, technology or retail environment (ideally with experience in Car Wash development and retail)
- Innovative operator - Clear history of driving near-term results and creating meaningful innovation though sound financial analysis, data-driven decision making and compelling consumer insight
- Collaborative leader– able to get things done without formal authority or reporting relationships, working across functions, geographies and levels to make things happen
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in FMCG & retail
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- Higher relevant education (5 years).
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering results and meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Structured work behaviour
- Analytical and Strategic thinking
- Customer focus: Identifies and understands customer needs and puts them first in all activities and efforts.
- Personal integrity: Promotes and lives the company standard of ethics, openness and values.
- Strategic execution: Understand, drive and act on company strategy in everyday business.
We encourage you to apply by November 22nd, 2019.Contact person:
Lars Hecht, Global Lead Car Wash
Phone number: +45 2114 2694
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe know great companies are built from within, by great people like you. Come grow with us!
We are looking forward to your application!