About the Position
The main responsibilities of this role will be focused on credit risk related subjects, such as score card development, pricing and profitability analysis. The role will also be involved in additional areas that benefit for a quantitative approach.
The person we are looking for is quickly grasping new concepts and is skilled in communicating with board, management and co-workers with limited experience from Credit. You want to create value and get results and you're prepared to do grunt work if it helps you get them.
The role will report to the Head of Analytics, who is responsible for the analytics team. The team is organized within the Finance function and act as support to all different areas within the Bank. This means that the role will experience a wide variety of different products, both mortgages and personal loans.Main Tasks
- Develop and measure the performance of needed and existing models
- Further develop pricing models
- Participate in different internal projects and insure a quantitative approach and secure significant data and measurements
- Participate in the development of strategies and other methods to mitigate risk within the existing portfolio
- Both in collaboration with other parts of the business and on own initiative initiate improvement based on analysis and observations
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with analysis, preferably within the financial industry
- You have a degree in engineering, statistics, econometrics or finance or another relevant field
- You are comfortable working with large data sets and databases and think that strategy should be based on data.
We currently use SAS Base and SQL Server so prior knowledge of them or similar languages will help. Programming experience, regardless of level, is meriting.
About BlueStep Bank
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
BlueStep Bank is a dedicated and solution-oriented lender that offers mortgages in Sweden and Norway, as well as personal loans in Sweden. The goal is to be the preferred and best option for those who have difficulties obtaining a loan in a traditional bank. BlueStep's focus is to provide loans to people with the ability to improve and change their life situation and thereby successfully manage their finances in a sustainable way going forward.
BlueStep has been offering mortgage loans to customers in Sweden since 2005 and in Norway since 2010. Personal loans were launched during 2011 as a complement to the mortgage business in Sweden. BlueStep has grown steadily in Sweden and Norway since launch and is, with over 20 000 mortgage customers, the leading specialist mortgage lender in these countries. BlueStep is also, outside of the traditional banks, a large provider of savings accounts to the public, both in Sweden and Norway. BlueStep is under the supervision of the Swedish FSA and has been a Credit Markets Company since 2007 and received a banking license in October 2016. BlueStep was acquired by EQT in 2017.
The ambition is for Bluestep to continue a strong growth trajectory, with a vision including:
- A continued strong growth rate in current and new markets with a broadened product offering
- A resilient business model with limited risk
- Satisfied customers and a strong digital marketing platform which aims to serve as a guarantor for continued growth and cost-efficient distribution
- A scalable and efficient operating model while maintaining a customer centric business model
- A diversified and low-cost funding structure to support all the above