If you are passionate about SEO, getting results and being on the cutting edge, we just may be looking for you. If you also are a good communicator who is passionate about technology - then you rank #1 on our list!
At Blocket you will work with Swedens' largest sales website, doing work that will directly affect millions of people in their daily lives. You will also help to reduce their environmental footprint by buying and selling second hand stuff - what we call the second hand effect.
Your mission is to ensure SEO quality on every level of the organization.We are Blocket, Sweden's largest and most popular marketplace with around 12,3M monthly active users generating 100 million sessions. We are proud of our work to enable second-hand trade in Sweden and our contribution to a positive environmental impact. Want to get a feel for the Blocket vibe? Check us out on Instagram & LinkedIn!What you'll be up to:
We don't really care how you do your work as long as you get results. You will be part of a product team working with SEO, while also leading SEO efforts across the whole company.
Here is an example of what we think you will be up to. You will have an interesting mix of work with humans, technology, analysis and marketing.
Who you are
- SEO vision - you have a vision how Blocket's SEO will look with and work with others to achieve it. This includes coming up with and pitching projects, tools, processes - whatever will improve our SEO.
- SEO expertise - you have a deep knowledge and experience of SEO and are available to answer other's questions.
- SEO analysis - you are comfortable digging into the data to find the best insights to inform our SEO.
- SEO evangelism - you spread the SEO gospel to all parts of the organization and educate all relevant employees
- SEO liaison - you network with different stakeholders to keep up to date with current and coming projects within Blocket to ensure SEO hygiene.
- Working with the product team responsible for SEO, pitching improvements and working to implement them.
We believe you are a true SEO wizard with at least 5 years of experience with a proven track record of increasing SE traffic, whether in-house or at an agency. We understand that nobody is a 100% expert in all aspects of SEO and the most important thing is that you have the ability to understand the big picture, you are a great communicator, and last but not least, you are willing to learn whatever you need to achieve your goals. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.Your skills
- 5 years experience with a proven track record of increasing SE traffic
- Preferably: experience with at least one large site (more than 1 million URLs).
- You're a problem solver: whether the solution is talking to the right person, implementing a process or a technical solution - you will find it.
- We are not into micromanagement. You should be self-directed, goal oriented and data driven. (Though we are of course here if you need guidance or help)
- Great if you have experience with rank-trackers (we use SEOmonitor, sistrix, SEMrush), crawlers (e.g. Oncrawl), web analytics (we use GA, Google Search Console...), reporting tools (we use datastudio and tableau), keyword analytics tools (we use KWfinder amongst others), backlinks tools (we use ahrefs).
You should be proficient at SEO analysis e.g. KW analysis, traffic analytics, log file analysis, technical platform analysis
And btw, if you are a coder/have a tech-SEO background that is a great bonus (not a must though). If you have experience with logfile analysis, crawl budget optimization and SEO a/b testing, even better!
What's in it for you?
Obviously, you will be joining an awesome group of people at Blocket. We are also currently undergoing a transformation towards future technologies, which means that you will be able to help us modernize our tech stack and take SEO into consideration from the beginning.
You will work with exciting new projects and technologies, and be able to build great expertise in different areas. Through Schibsted, you will join a team of SEO experts working with large sites, share experiences and best practices, have access to a suite of tools and learn about cutting edge SEO through our machine-learning team and loads of self development classes.Hello from your colleague, Reggie!
I am the product manager of the team of which you will be a part, so we will work closely together. I have worked with SEO previously so I will help you to get comfortable in your role. I am an Icelander living in Hagsätra with my wife and two young children. I have been at Blocket for almost 2 years and love the engaged, friendly environment here. I am passionate about working in a data-driven way to continuously improve our product and look forward to hearing your thoughts about how to do that with Blocket SEO. In my free time I love literature and learning about just about anything, so odds are that no matter what you are into, we can enjoy chatting about it :)Interested in joining the Blocket world?
We look forward to hearing from you! Send your CV or apply with your LinkedIn-profile and let us know what makes you tick. We would love to get to know you a bit better! For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buzz: SEO, Search Engine Optimization, communication, strategy, management#LI-BLOCKET#LI-BLOCKETTECH