Are you passionate about big data?
Do you want to build infrastructure to empower teams and stakeholders who can put data into business use? Then keep on reading - we are looking for a data engineer!What we do
You will be joining Blocket Insight team that develops and maintains our local data solution as well as integrate with Schibsted global platforms, products and solutions. Blocket collects events generated by millions of customers and users and use that data for financial reporting, generating insights on our products and powering features like ad recommendations, ad classification and personalized content.
Over the years, our focus on enhancing and developing our data platform has become increasingly business critical and everyone working in Blocket is encouraged to add more data and analysis into their daily work to become a more data driven company. This is essential for us to be able to deliver a top of the line user experience in a personalized wrapping. We are currently looking for a Data Engineering candidate with an interest in data analysis.The team
You will be a part of the Blocket Insight team, a line-up with 2 Data Engineers and 5 Data Analysts, both Women and Men and will report to the Analytics and Data Manager. You will also be part of a quite large Insight community within Blocket and the rest of Scandinavian Schibsted. We have a fairly high level of cultural diversity and a lot of our work related dialogue and communication is done in English. We work with stakeholders within very different part of the organization as Tech, Product, UX/Design, Finance and Customer Services which make it important to be able to understand their particular needs and goals and adapt communication and language accordingly.
We strongly believe that our colleagues are what makes us successful and great, which is why we live by our values; we gladly take on challenges and try out new things. We make sure we have fun together and care for each other. We create "wow" to win. And we strive to make a difference and create a sustainable future, together!
We also hop that you:
- Design, build, scale and evolve our data platform, services and tooling
- Engage with the data community at SPT (Schibsted Product & Technology) about its use of the data platform.
- Be a part of transitioning Blocket to the next generation data driven marketplace.
- Be an active contributor to increasing the use of data for product innovation and development.
- Take an active part in evangelizing a data driven mindset within the organization.
Who you are
- Know ETL with SQL, preferably in column based technologies like Exasol.
- Have working knowledge of Python, preferably oriented towards data processing like the Luigi or Airflow framework
- Know Linux, shell scripting, SSH infrastructure and data shoveling
- Have experience from working with Spark infrastructure
- Know AWS cloud environments and infrastructure
- Have experience of deploying and maintaining data models to drive user experience and/or user activity
- Are curious of cross functional work with the Data Analysis and Data Science field
You are passionate about both big data and building infrastructure to support teams and stakeholders who can put that data into business use. You are passionate about creating clean code and have a strong foundation in coding. You view SQL as bread and butter and you are pragmatic and understand the tradeoffs between the perfect solution and a working solution. You are familiar with and enthusiastic about engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery. You are a strong team player who is proactive in collaborating with others within our local organization as well as centralized teams. And most importantly, you enjoy the challenge of learning new things and pick up/adapt to changes faster than your peers.Me as a manager
I believe in empowering individuals and hence we work together to define our vision, strategy and roadmap. There is room for research and exploration as long as we can align it to our goals and priorities. I encourage people to to drive and take responsibility for what they are passionate about and see the manager role as a facilitator of decisions and coordinator of efforts with a clear focus of evangelizing a data driven mindset.
We spend so much time together so I really encourage everyone to make sure we have a highly social and positive environment with giving and receiving feedback as an important part of our daily work life. I don't believe in talking about duties, but one; to make sure we enjoy ourselves and have fun together at work.Curious?
We are curious about you and look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact us and let us know who you are and why you would like to be our new colleague. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Lukas Lindh at firstname.lastname@example.org.