Do you consider yourself to be collaborative, enjoy coaching other devs and sharing knowledge? Are you someone who loves solving techy challenges and want to create sustainable solutions for millions of users?
We are Blocket, Sweden's largest and most widely used marketplace with around 4,4M weekly active users generating 86 million sessions a month. We are proud of our work to enable second-hand trade in Sweden and our contribution to a positive environmental impact. Thanks to all the Blocket users over 640 000 tonnes CO2e is saved yearly!Want to get a feel for the Blocket vibe? Check us out on Instagram & LinkedIn!What you'll be up to:
Our cross-functional core teams at Blocket Tech have 10 - 20 members spread across competencies such as developers, UX-designers, QAs, and PMs. Our daily work is done in smaller agile constellations. We work on everything from helping our users post awesome ads and finding the things they look for, to providing a great and safe chat experience and facilitating payments.
As Domain Tech Lead (DTL) you will be a lead developer responsible for the technical stability, quality, technical road map and vision for one or a few domains (depending on their size).
Sound like a fun environment? Want to help out in creating sustainable solutions? Great, join our quest then!Who you are
It's fair to say that you love
SW development, creating online products and learning new things as you go along. You have a soft spot for really digging into one or two domains in-depth and enjoy creating solutions focusing on performance, scalability, and sustainability. Oh, and of course you put team wins first, share your knowledge and are, you know, nice.Background/skills
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a developer, have tried out a few different languages and like to try out new things
- Taking ownership of a domain is something that you really enjoy
- Coaching and nurturing developers comes easy for you. Sharing is caring!
Hello from you Manager!
- Experience from developing solutions for online market places
- Have experience from roles as Tech Lead, Domain Lead or Lead Developer
- Experience from working in a few different environments and perhaps even started or worked for a start-up
Hey - My name is Ashkan and I'm happy to be a part of the Blocket family
My mission is to serve my team the best possible work environment so we together can serve Sweden the best possible marketplace. I aim to create the space needed for improvement, together with my team members. Even though I encourage my team members to make decisions individually, I often mention that we stand and fall together. I believe in people and their ability to develop and that's where my passion is. Contribute to developing people, who develop software! Please feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn with your thoughts or questions. Stay safe!Interested in joining the Blocket world?
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply with your LinkedIn-profile or CV and let us know what makes you tick. We would love to get to know you a bit better! Having some cool stuff on Git? Send us the link so we can check it out.Good to know:
- Candidate experience is highly prioritized at Blocket, so you might receive a survey along the way where we ask you a couple of questions regarding your experience with us
- Due to the corona-issue, we are currently not offering re-locations from outside of the EU. We sure hope that we will be able to so further ahead