Business Development Manager Nordics
MaaS Global (www.maas.global) is a Finnish company that has invented an open, mobility-as-a-service ecosystem supported with a proprietary digital platform for enabling anyone to travel anywhere via any method using one easy-to-use mobile app (i.e., a democratized, ethical and integrated transportation service). The Company is backed by Toyota among others and is the world's first mobility operator designed to support every travel need, ubiquitously. MaaS Global has evolved from its R&D stage to its proof-of-concept technologically and is now entering into markets with its first branded offering, called "Whim". Whim is an award-winning mobile app that integrates route maps, transportation service providers (public and private) and one’s calendar, so that an individual can manage his/her transportation on any device, simply and easily. In Europe, Whim has been launched in Finland, UK, Belgium, and launches are being planned in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Singapore and France. Transportation service providers in several other cities in Europe, North America and Asia are showing interest.
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to support our Nordic business development team in closing contracts with transport services partners. You’ll play a key role in helping the team process opportunities through the sales pipeline, liaise with legal, financial and integration teams.Your location may be anywhere in the Nordics.Major Responsibilities:
- Build strong local partner relationships with public and private transport service providers (PTSs and TSPs) - existing and new - identify new business opportunities, negotiate and close deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions together with the HQ Team members.
- Prospect for new PTSs/TSPs by networking, including MaaS Global stakeholders, and plan/execute persuasive pitches that will convince them to adopt, implement and promote Whim
- Prepare Business Plans together with other team members that will lead to developing the sales pipeline of new business.
- Manage the sales pipeline from prospecting through to close, forecasting quarterly wins in line within agreed targets.
- Manage relationships with existing TSPs and ensure that they remain satisfied and positive. Identify opportunities to meet their and their customers’ future needs and persuade them to adopt these new services.
- Identify and record the decision makers and influencers within the PTS/TSP organizations as well as their needs. Ensure that data is accurately recorded/managed in the Company’s CRM system.
- Lobby the benefits of MaaS at central and city government levels. Work with MaaS Global teams to plan proposals that speak to the PTS/TSP needs and concerns and “upsell” value-added services to them.
- Participate in pricing planning and customer usage/sales forecasting, together with team members, and ensure they are met.
- Manage objections and work through differences to positive, sustainable conclusions.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market, product and service trends.
- Refine and improve the Company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Reports to the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Understanding of local transportation industry/ecosystems, including strong personal connections with both private sector and government organizations.
- Commercial acumen; sales, negotiation and business skills, with a proven track record of managing commercial partner and client relationships, and B2B marketing.
- Experience in the either the technology (SaaS /DaaS) or transport sector.
- Experience of the Nordic market
- Interpersonal communication and persuasion skills.
- A commercial degree or a transportation degree with business background or experience
- Self-starter who can work independently and with other team members; startup experience a plus
- A team player who can accept support and acknowledge ideas from others
- Skilled in timely planning and issue anticipation.
- Autonomy, dynamism, flexibility and capacity to adapt.
- Well organized and disciplined work ethic.
The Maas Global HQ is in Helsinki but your homestead maybe anywhere in then Nordics. Traveling will be required.
Are you the dynamic personality that we are looking for? If you say yes, please submit your application on-line through our recruitment partner Barona, no later than the 14th of April 2019. You can find the link here. For more information about the position, please contact our recruitment partner Arja Martikainen 040-7621564 or arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi on Tue-Thu between 2 and 3 pm.
For more information about MaaS Global tech, please listen to the following podcast here.Requirements for employment:
- sales, negotiation and business skills
- commercial partner management
- B2B marketing
- SaaS /DaaS
- transport sector
- Nordic market experience
- commercial degree
- transportation degree
Barona Group omfattar 13 specialiserade affärsområden, exempelvis IT, Industri, Kundtjänst och HR & Finans. Barona Group har över 18 års erfarenhet inom kompetensförsörjning, rekrytering och olika typer av skräddarsydda HR lösningar. Idag är vi ett internationellt företag med kontor i Finland, Norge, Danmark, Polen, Spanien, Slovakien, Ryssland och Estland. I Sverige har vi kontor i Stockholm men levererar våra tjänster över hela landet. Ända sedan starten, bygger vår framgång på att hela vår organisation är kundorienterad och utmanar traditionellt tänkande när det gäller tjänsteutbud och affärsutveckling. Genom vårt fokus på innovation och digitalisering kan vi ständigt ligga i framkant när det gäller modern rekrytering.
Läs mer här: http://barona.se/om-oss/Sökord
Barona; Bemanning; Rekrytering; Konsult; Uppdrag; Kund; Barona Sweden; Barona Group; Jobb; Arbete; Samarbetspartner; Internationell;